new homie bumper! =)

7.3n/anut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys unfortunately i had no plans jotted down i made the mounts and built the whole thing by precise guestimation. Haha. Still gotta finish the headlight guards and the whole grille guard is bolted down in case i gotta pull the cam er somethin. And yeah i need bigger d rings. I just had them layin around. Ill tryn git some better pics.

7.3n/anut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh and i put a leveling kit under the front and it set the camber waaaaaaay off. Puttin the bumpeer on helped a lot still too much positive though. And i thought about a vice just dunno yet.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i thought about a vice just dunno yet.

You could install a VERTICAL receiver-tube that would be pretty much un-noticable and put a vise on a vertical tongue to be dropped in when needed and hidden away somewhere inside the bumper when not.

Also, you could make some trap-doors with chain and strap boxes underneath.

And, like I intend to do, incorporate battery-boxes within the bumper.

I need to get started on our project soon.
;Sweet

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Freakin' ni-hi-hi-hi-hi-hi-iiiiiiccccee!!!!

How about a spike a top each side for mounting heads?

Could extend the grill portion out to incorporate the "cow catcher" look, might avoid some of those accident crusher liabilities with some deflective force.

Although we're talking front, may want to place a few lead bars under the rear bumper to balance the load.... you don't want to do an emergency stop and endo!

Just kidding out of jealousy!!! :hail

How about these hooks:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001OMR5K6...e=asn&creative=395097&creativeASIN=B001OMR5K6

or you could put these in for straight chain.... the ones indicated are only for 3/8 chain, but they get bigger.... don't know what kind of load you really want to put on that bumper though:

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...ccessories&cm_cat=Shopzilla&cm_ven=Aggregates

and jokingly mentioned earlier.... rubber d-rail or block:

http://www.chdist.com/displayproduc...&itemGroupOID=95634&sku=7507200&cid=cse_shopz

you know.... for pushing evidence into a ditch, over cliff.... whatever. :angel:

The winch and pulley system would be an awesome addition too.

Looks great as is too! Great work!! I can't even cut wood straight, much less do something like that!

You want these...

7.3n/anut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tjink ima run to tsc. They have some 22000 lb d ringl. The ones on it now are 11000 but yeah thety look pretty dinky. I thought about storage in the bumper bit the way.i.uave it deaigned underneath is apmost impossible

dagreendeville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i built on simular to this a few months ago i have a few pix in my profile thing i build quite a few bumpers that are simular to road armor bumpers

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn! Haha look out Priuses!

Every time someone posts picture of their fab work I feel even more imaginationless! I am with whoever said they can't cut wood straight haha.

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
Don't mean to hijack, but i made some progress on my bumper.

Attachments

• 11042011049[1].jpg
    11042011049[1].jpg
    502 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online