Need help fast

trisha

Reaction score
My '02 SD is parked with the wheel locked, I cannot START it, the steering wheel won't move with the key in the ignition. What can I do??? Thanks, Trisha -cuss

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the wheel in a bit of a bind? I have had the same thing happen before. Grasp the wheel firmly and try to get it out of the bind and then turn you key.

trisha

Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Is the wheel in a bit of a bind? I have had the same thing happen before. Grasp the wheel firmly and try to get it out of the bind and then turn you key.
I turned it as hard as I can, but no-go, I will go out there and try again, don't want my hubby coming home from work and breaking the damn thing............ trisha

Max Power

Reaction score
Most likely the wheel is jammed up against the lock cylinder. Like Mike said, just turn the wheel one way or the other and try and turn the key. I am quite sure that would be all that is wrong.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last ditch effort if you have a large enough floor jack is to jack the front wheels off the ground to take the pressure off the locking mechanism.

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
trisha said:
I turned it as hard as I can, but no-go, I will go out there and try again, don't want my hubby coming home from work and breaking the damn thing............ trisha

You should have your Boyfriend park down the street...that way car trouble won't get you caught :D LOL

Just kidding that should get it fixed what we've recommended

trisha

Reaction score
Wideopen said:
You should have your Boyfriend park down the street...that way car trouble won't get you caught :D LOL

Just kidding that should get it fixed what we've recommended

I simply cannot get that steering wheel to budge even a l/4".... sitting here waiting for hubby, geez, hate to have him do anything to it.......... will keep you informed...that wheel is LOCKED, I tell you LOCKED,lol

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
trisha said:
I simply cannot get that steering wheel to budge even a l/4".... sitting here waiting for hubby, geez, hate to have him do anything to it.......... will keep you informed...that wheel is LOCKED, I tell you LOCKED,lol

Will the Ignition even Move??

Sure you have the right Key??

trisha

Reaction score
Wideopen said:
Will the Ignition even Move??

Sure you have the right Key??
Nope, ignition WILL NOT move and Yes I got the right key? I locked the wheel last night when I parked it, cause I thought well my purse is in it, so no one could even try to drive it off, never locked that wheel before ever.. now this... trisha

trisha

Reaction score
trisha said:
Nope, ignition WILL NOT move and Yes I got the right key? I locked the wheel last night when I parked it, cause I thought well my purse is in it, so no one could even try to drive it off, never locked that wheel before ever.. now this... trisha
I GOT IT, I GOT IT< I just musceled that ole wheel around and it moved and I started the damn thing, THANKS everyone, THANKS so much Trisha

triplethreat

AGENT ORANGE
Reaction score
Wideopen said:
Great Glad we could help ;Sweet

What's this we stuff. Are you sure you should be included in that statement. :D Although I guess you did give some good advice about where the Boyfriend should park. ;Sweet :D :D

Just in the mood to give out some hard times. :D :D

Dan

Wideopen

It's all about me.
Reaction score
triplethreat said:
What's this we stuff. Are you sure you should be included in that statement. :D Although I guess you did give some good advice about where the Boyfriend should park. ;Sweet :D :D

Just in the mood to give out some hard times. :D :D

Dan

:backoff LOL LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online