How long to glow in single digit temps?

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With my GP's on a manual pushbutton, if my truck has been sitting overnight or longer and temps are in the single digits...how long should I glow the truck?

I just saw they're forecasting a low of 2 degrees on Sunday, and of course I'll be at my girlfriend's place with no way to plug my truck in. Last weekend I was there and went to start my truck after it had been sitting for 3 days, and it was 18 degrees outside, and it was very difficult to start. I'm wondering if I didn't glow it long enough.

snowman89

Stack Finatic
Reaction score
normally the glow plugs stay on for about 15 secs if in the single digits, but if you have a manual plugs I would leave them on for about 20 to 25 secs.

memphisrain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually do 15-20 seconds. Don't forget the afterglow though, helps keep the fire lit if she has problems getting going.

mR

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
for some reason my motor crafts wouldnt hold up too 12 seconds of glow:dunnocookoo after 2 starts they all burned out, but the acdelcos are still burning good:dunno

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck will burn for about 15 seconds before its done, the afterglow really helps it. My Berus have been more than happy to burn for 15 - 20 seconds.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online

No members online now.