Factory 95-97 Alloy wheels- center cap question

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I scored a set of MINT factory alloys today for FREE! Thats right, I said FREE!!! :thumbsup: They'd been stashed in my buddy's shed since 96- he got them from the dealership he worked at as a freebie, as they were take-offs. He passed them on to me, after some begging and pleading. (and he just bought a CTD...)

Anyway, he didn't ever get the center caps for them. I need to know if the center caps are compatible with a closed lug nut, or if they require the shorter open ended lugnut.

I just went and picked up some chrome closed lug nuts from a buddy at the tire store to get the wheels bolted up and on the truck. ( I couldn't wait for center caps- I've wanted these wheels since I bought my truck in 04. I even painted the hubs black so they would'nt be all rusty hanging out of my shiny new wheels...)

I'll be going down to the Ford store tomorrow to get a price quote on some center caps, as well as the used hubcap shop here in town. Quick responses appreciated!

Ryan

rthomas

Reaction score
i got my center caps online from a aftermarket supplier, dont remember the name for about $20 each, the ones i got go over a 7/8 hex lugnut and dont snap into the factory slots in the center at all. if you already have chrome lugnuts you could get some caps that go in the center, ive seen a lot of these wheels setup that way

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just the standard aftermarket chrome caps that slip over the hub BEFORE you put the wheel on will work?

Ryan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online