Engine parts round up

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
I need some help on one parts for my rebuilds.The last parts I will need to locate are as follows

Main and Rod bearing kits(would .010 under weaken the engine or should I get a standard crank if I end up having to rework the OG)
Piston rings
Bottom end gasket kit(I got the top end from felpro)
Turbo rods(still gotta talk to ken about some rods)
Oil cooler rebuild kit

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Freight_Train
I need some help on one parts for my rebuilds.The last parts I will need to locate are as follows

Main and Rod bearing kits(would .010 under weaken the engine or should I get a standard crank if I end up having to rework the OG)
Piston rings
Bottom end gasket kit(I got the top end from felpro)
Turbo rods(still gotta talk to ken about some rods)
Oil cooler rebuild kit

10 under bearings will not have remotely adverse effects on the motor.
If you are going balls to the wall, take a look at "total seal" piston rings. Not to be confused with "sealed power" brand, "total seal" is a actual design that leaves no gap by design. problem is, you will need to know and pay accordingly for a competent engine machine shop to do the honing process and check for ring fitment. I have used them in the past and have extremely good results on our IDI diesels.
As far as a bottom end gasket kit, get yourself the timing gear gaske set, the rear main gasket set and a tube of "gray" RTV for the oil pan. That is all you will need.
turbo rods I have no opinion on. They may very well be money well spent, but working on fleet trucks, they are a waste of money for the animals driving the rigs. Private trucks are a whole other story.
oil cooler rebuild kit is a stealer item .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner