Ebay Buyer Beware

SuperColonel1

SuperColonel1
Reaction score
Got a blessing, just found a 1997 F350 cc sb about 150 miles from here that is totaled. Guy is removing the drivetrain including the rearend, he's letting me have the rest for $350. I get a title, power hoodies for the doors, wiring for a powerstroke, and carpet which my truck doesn't have. The truck hit a pole between the two right doors which moved that side 4 inches over. Picking it up as soon as he pulls his parts. Truck is a southern truck.

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my truck on ebay, '93 F350 cc. Truck is very clean and solid, my problem is getting the title! Guy kept saying it's on the way and never will send it. EBay said the buy is over 60 days so I have to deal with it. The fact that I only have $1800 in the deal with shipping makes it worth it, if I can locate a cc cab for a title. EBay is good on finding deals, but their policy as far as time laspse sucks!

you should be able to get a title for some cash for that specific truck. I know you can in Maryland, usually costs about 300 if its not your vehicle.

SuperColonel1

SuperColonel1
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the process. Who do I contact to do this etc.? I'd rather have the title to this particular truck, although I've made quite a few contacts over this problem, finding many parts I wanted.

SuperColonel1

SuperColonel1
Reaction score
Thanks, I will check into it because I'm dumping a lot of work into it and still not have a title. Happen to run into the switch for the driver's side with power windows, locks and mirrors give me a PM. I think they're called multi switches.

baja-Dean

Reaction score
at least one state I checked into it allow you to file for a tittle without the title, it is kind of a bond thing the vin numbers are made public and after about 3 years of no contest you get a clean tittle. In the meantime you can pay the registration fees and drive it. I was going to buy one that way so I researched it. the cost was low if I remember. I ended up passing on that vehicle so did not do it.

I title things in Montana because a vehicle over 10 years can get a permanent registration for a few hundred dollars. My f250 86 just cost me $200.00 and I never have to pay a penny more for as long as I own it. No inspections or anything... I live in baja Mexico so it does not matter where I have things titled.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online