Doing rust belt things to a "clean" rust belt truck.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
To all you left coasters.... :mad: enjoy your clean sheetmetal.

I could no longer take my fender laying on and smashing my bumper when skipping pot holes.... had to do some rust repair.

You must be registered for see images

sorry, phone picked up some glare.

the pass side didn't need as much reconstruction. just a bent piece next to the mount. was too dark for pictures. So when you left coasters complain "oh my truck is rusty".....I wish I had to deal with surface rust and dents. :backoffcookoo

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
Associated Press Release

Las Vegas, NV

Effective immediately, all cars and trucks in the following region "Left Coast" "West of the Mississippi" "West Coast" and other terms (official and unofficial) are prohibited from traveling to the "Mid West" "East Coast" "Right Coast" and other terms (unofficial and official)

Alan Smithee, a local resident has plenty to say about this problem, and is the one purely responsible for this ruling. "I'm sick and tired of all the whining and crying from you <censored for print> right coasters. More like wrong coast amirite?" This reporter is unable to say if that was proceeded by a low tech drumroll, and frankly just wants the interview to get over and done with. As eyeballs rolled to the ceiling, he continues "It is patently unfair and a violation of my rights as a desert rat you come in, invade my sovereign borders just to get vehicles with intact rust free metal! You made the choice to live in a area with snow, and you can't come up with a better solution then with what I keep on my table to cover up my wifes poor cooking? This is not my problem!"

While he drones on, lets consult with another local resident who also has a ear full on this problem. He's unwilling to go on camera or record, and I don't care frankly. He also insisted only to be called "I.P Freely" so here we go, Mr freely

"I tell you, it's a right wing conspiracy. I tell you, my kid came to me last night, crying. Considering I give him a good thumping so he doesn't whine like a right coaster, this better be good... "Daddy? Daddy? What am I to do? I want to grow up and own a rust free car, but these right coasters keep bringing their trucks, their transports, even their airplanes and buying them all up! I want a rust free car like you have, and like your daddy had, and his daddy daddy had! It's not fair!"

"I kept whooping him, and he wouldn't stop wailing. as I laid into him one more time with a switch, it dawned on me... The little ******* is right! I'm scared to talk in quiet tones with my kids and their kids, that there used to be a time when we could go out and get rust free cars! <censored> you wrong coasters! You thieves! This is war!"

For more clarity on this matter and to meet my publishing obligation, I turned to a recently formed group from the east coast "Save our kids from rust" and spent hours listening with a half ear, doodling escape plans to the arctic. Please meet Mr 6.9PoweredScout

"It's not fair you west coasters get all the good stuff! I can't fault my parents for making me live here! It's your fault you west coasters! I have it on good authority you stole the sun and the sand from us doing the civil war! The East will rise again!"

Washington DC based think tanks got called many times to comment on this, and all that was left was cryptic "it's commerce. the problem is?" messages.

Stay tuned for part two, written from the blustery cold of the arctic. Do not call me publisher, I will contact you (if the satellite net works) This is crazy! God!

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
How many beers did it take to whip up that masterpiece....? Haha yeah I know other places get rust to. Just busting, and showing what we deal with. I've seen worse. Just honing my welding skills I suppose.

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
None actually! I try to do creative writing now and then. You became my target this time! :sly

My truck even though it's a west coast truck has some fairly bad rust on the top passengers side cab door. Probably cause it was near the ocean a lot. A Dodge D200 i had for a while, the coveted "desert truck" by you and others, had severe cab rot in the front floor (typical for a dodge) and because it was near the california coast a lot also. We don't get the severe stuff like you do, but some areas can punish it pretty bad still. Coastal/wet areas can start the rust process. If i took my truck to reno/surrounding area, the cab rust would flare up and get bad. Real bad. Lots of rain, snow in winter, etc. Down here in the hot desert is the best thing for it!

How many beers did it take to whip up that masterpiece....? Haha yeah I know other places get rust to. Just busting, and showing what we deal with. I've seen worse. Just honing my welding skills I suppose.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine was about that bad. Luckily I found a nice clean texas truck to rob it from even though it was bent all to ell. At least it's not rusty. My 88 F-150 had the fender bang thump you speak of as well just before it died a gruesome death.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Yeah dodges rust as bad as internationals! My travelette was a Washington state truck then an Arizona truck. It had a few spots but nothing like it would have had here! I'll take dented and bent over rusty any day!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online