Time to move on...

Reaction score
Well, all good things come to an end...

The family's up to 5 now, so I went and picked up a clean enough 1993 C2500 Suburban with a 454. Now that I have its issues sorted, I find myself driving it more and the truck less. No big whoop to have both since the truck doesn't cost much, but then I stumbled into a chance to pick up my dream car for the last few years, a Chevy SS manual.

So, now something has to go. We don't have the space. Sucks, but I'm hoping it will go to a good home where it's appreciated.

1991 F250 XLT Lariat supercab 2wd manual with a Banks Sidewinder turbo (no wastegate). Power windows and door locks, cruise control, and air conditioning (all works just fine). Less than 105k miles, verifiable by Carfax. OBS alcoas, 3g alternator, facet pump, Champion 4-row radiator, straight-piped, LMC truck headlight relay kit, Pioneer stereo with Bluetooth, tinted windows, LineX bed liner, OBS pillar gauge pod with EGT, water temp, and boost (pyro needs replaced, which I have, and the water temp gauge needs sent in to Autometer to get a few LCDs replaced). Newer tires, shocks, water pump, Motorcraft fan clutch, PS pump, and brakes.

More parts laying around than I can remember, but I've got an extra set of Alcoas, lots of Motorcraft FL1995 filters, a new glow plug wiring harness from Thewespaul that I haven't installed, belts, hoses, fluids, etc. I'll throw in anything laying around the garage for it.

Body is 6/10. Dents and dings, some very light superficial rust on the roof and below the rear glass. Paint is ok, but the SoCal sun has done its thing here and there. Still, it is a CA truck, and it's overall condition is what any rust belt IDI owner dreams of. Interior is 8/10 easy. No tears or heavy stains, and I had the foam on the driver's side replaced a few years ago.

Drives perfectly fine and is super reliable. Everything works. Only two slight issues right now. First is the rear filler neck leaks if you fill too fast. I picked up another one at a scrap yard but haven't had a chance to replace it. Also, there's a slight squeal coming at low speeds that I have not had time to track down. I'm guessing I possibly goobered something when repacking the front wheel bearings a bit ago, but again, I haven't had time to really dig into it.

Truck is located in San Diego. I'll post up pictures by the end of the week.

Mike

Last edited:

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a hard choice but wow that's a beautiful truck.

Having owned a R2500 Suburban with a 454 myself I can understand your choice, especially having a family. I miss mine and will probably end up with another at some point. That said it's part of the reason I bought a crew cab when I got my IDI.

Best of luck and don't be afraid to stick around here!

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the feeling. Made the switch to the dark side about 18 months ago but still hanging around here.

Exhumis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That things clean as a bean. If it was 4x4 I'd bring it to my dad's attention, it'd live a good life hauling hay. I bet a contractor will pick it up soon. Bummer you have to move on but as you said, all good things come to an end. At least you didn't ride it hard and put it away wet, someone can get some life out of it.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here it is .

cam00071_zps3118c4d2-jpg.95166

Reaction score
Well, fixed the squeal. Turns out one springs for the brake shoes snapped. Quick and easy fix, though!

Another week or two and this will hit the classified section.

Mike