Cab light mounting

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, have new cab lights. Problem. Some ******* who shall remain nameless, has lost the speed nuts to mount them. It appears I need #10 speed nuts with a 3/4" installed depth.

I have tried every where. Local online. Nada. Can find them with 5/8" installed depth but not 3/4".

Any help searching or alternative mounting schemes are appreciated. Have to seal up the holes in the roof some how.

Thanks

Pullet

Reaction score
5/8" won't grab?
A windshield replacer recently recommended clear bathroom caulk when he noticed the method used on my roof, said it'd hold and seal until I pulled it off. There might be self-tappers on mine, which is getting hard to blame on the PO now, four years later..

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry. Installed depth is not the length of the screw. It's the distance center of the hole to the Base of the U in the clip. 5/8 won't reach the hole in the cab.

Pullet

Reaction score
Gotcha. Makes sense, sorry I didn't know.
Drill new holes 3/4" away from a bend in some flashing or scrap steel (with self-tappers?)?
Might be worth the time making them (right) if you save it back from searching.

abepratt

Reaction score
Have you checked fastenal? They have just about every screw and bolt that is made

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless you need them on Saturday afternoon. Around here anyway. I may call them Monday.

abepratt

Reaction score
Unless you need them on Saturday afternoon. Around here anyway. I may call them Monday.
Oh yeah, they won't be much help today. There goes the weekend project... lol

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk