Any Unimogs out there????

mocetane

Reaction score
Can't believe it. I did a search and there was nothing re: unimogs except my own post in the Lounge. There has got to be some out there.
Would love to have one or two or three..... :love:
They were and are way ahead of their time. Provided that you really need what they offer.
I think they can beat the snot out of a Hummer any day. :backoff Don't care for H's that much anyway.
Anyway, any UNIMOGS out there?????

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
My younger brother has a 1966 404.1 German Radio Box Unimog. He also has a 1974 712M Pinzgauer 6X6. Both are way cool trucks. These photos are not of his but of similar vehicles.

You must be registered for see images

Attachments

• unimog_green.jpg
    unimog_green.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 6

mocetane

Reaction score
hheynow said:
My younger brother has a 1966 404.1 German Radio Box Unimog. He also has a 1974 712M Pinzgauer 6X6. Both are way cool trucks. These photos are not of his but of similar vehicles.

You must be registered for see images
I'm jealous as hell :mad:

Dale_Lakin

Reaction score
No don't have one but we are a dealer for one and I got to "test" a brand new one a few weeks ago. Transfer case is marked with a picture of Turtle and Rabbit. Put that sucker into turtle and you have to look at the ground to see that your moving. Also has a central tire inflation system that you can air down the tires sitting in the cab. ;Sweet

Roland_Jenkins

Señor Member
Reaction score
Had a MB 4/94 cascading transmission. They all rate a 10 on the cool scale but are really to impractical / expensive to maintain for me.

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
mocetane said:
I'm jealous as hell :mad:

You have every right to be. He lives in Tucson and is a true off road desert enthusiast. He also owns a '97 Land Rover Defender and a '84 Range Rover. Too many vehicles...not enough time...:thumbsup:

mocetane

Reaction score
I'd almost sell my soul to the Devil at the crossroads like Robert Johnson for one of those. :eek:
Wonder how he is doing now? -Flame Thr Hot enough for ya yet Robbie Boy??

Colorado Ron

Expedition ******
Reaction score
New here! Love diesels. I actually have bought and sold alot of Unimogs and have a friend here in Colorado that does the Diesel conversions.

oldoiler

Reaction score
I've got a unimog. It's great for pulling out stuck wahoo 4X4's that are top heavy with minimal ground clearance at the axles, but a modern diesel pickup is great for pulling a trailer loaded with a unimog over pavement at highway speeds. My mog has 16'' of ground clearance under the differentials. There is 16'' of axle articulation and 16'' of frameflex stock. I have driven over downed trees where the wheels were 24" off the ground when on top of the trunk and not highcentered on the log as I drove over it.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice!!

What sort of drivetrain setup do you have in your 'Mog? I'll admit to not knowing much about them...

BTW, welcome aboard :cool

Neil

Reaction score
I purchased a 416 a couple of weeks ago, and I have had buyers remorse ever since. I agree with Roland...MEGA cool, but my bank account won't be able to support the Mog when it comes time for needing parts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin

Members online