'99 24 valve.....

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
..a Bud just bought a '99 ext cab short bed 24 valve auto with 160k on the clock....

STOCK,clean as a pin and die straight, well maintained ;Sweet

What, besides the nermal exh and air and gauges.....what gremlins are ahead at that mileage?

Is this the year for eating lift pumps :dunno

He needs some help cause my 300k mi bolt action PSD "OWNS" him right now LOL ;p :hail

Whit

Reaction score
yes this is the first year truck of the VP-44 injection pump and the biggest mod he can do is to keep it cool and lubricated, he should get a Fass or Airdog lift pump then take the OEM pump and place it under the tire and run over it several times

other than that he should check the block casting to see if its a 53#....even if it is he should be OK if its made it this far already .....alot of 53's in the 99 model

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
other than that he should check the block casting to see if its a 53#....even if it is he should be OK if its made it this far already .....alot of 53's in the 99 model

I hear ya on the low press lift pump kev :thumbsup:

What is the deal with "53#" block casting :dunno...cavitation issues :eek::confused:

Batman

Reaction score
53 castings..........I believe they had a core issue when they were made which caused one of the sides to have a thinner wall than they should have.

LOL @ Whitmore great idea for the stock lift pump

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
53 castings..........I believe they had a core issue when they were made which caused one of the sides to have a thinner wall than they should have.

And that translates to ---what? engine noise, overheating, potential fracture point under severe/constant loads.....cavitation issues :dunno

I'm trying to research the boards as much as possible but welcome the honest opinions from those I know ;Sweet

I'm sure I'll be wrenching on his at some point LOL

Batman

Reaction score
Oops, forgot that didn't I............

The blocks crack, usually on the drivers side behind the VP44 if I remember correctly.

VALKYRIES

Reaction score
53 blocks

The 53 blocks have a wall thickness of 5,5 mm where as the other are in the 11 mm thickness, with a different radious in the area where they crack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online