ZF5 updated shifter boot PN?

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Anyone know part number for the newer updated ZF5 shifter boot? Supposed to be a newer PN that is quieter or has more sound dampening in it. 460 truck is fine with stick in hole through floor that mud splashes through and spinning tires on the 3-4 shift but gonna be all eXtra Luxurious on the IDI and have fancy stuff like carpet and quietness, despite my urge to just rhino line the floor and call it a day.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I definitely have the smell despite no leaks as well so I'm intrigued by this. Anyone also know since this is very close to them if there is a bushing replacement kit like I was able to find for my 250 with an m5od where you could replace those so the stick doesn't wobble side to side when in gear? Mine isn't as bad in the diesel as it was in the 250 but it's not great either.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Towcat has it right there. Also helps with blocking the ATF smell. It's a b**** to get the inner white boot on and mated up, but totally worth it. I'm sure it's easier without having to working it on inside a wooden console!

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
OK, that's one pricey boot but ordered it along with a few other misc bits I'll need.