You got to be kidding!!!!!

slam1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive owned this sorry assed excuse of a truck for a year and a half and can honestly tell you im done with FORD TRUCKS This truck is undoubtedly the biggest **** on the planet. There hasnt been a week in a row that something didnt break, Its seriously underpowered gets bad fuel mileage. So what makes these trucks so great, what am I missing here. With what ive had to put into this truck, I could have bought a new one. Plus ive lost a good ten years off my life from getting so aggravated. Am I the only owner of an 88 F-250 lemon?

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what make it is, it's 20yrs old....Go buy a 88 Chevy 3/4 ton with a 6.2 or 6.5 and see if it's any better.....I doubt it.....That's if you can find one. Sounds like you got a truck that has been abused and had a lack of maintenance since new.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Have you ever had it professionally timed?

My 85 runs better'n any 460 I've seen. And my 93 flat out RUNS down the road!

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Yea man, you say you got it for free? How can you expect it to be a cherry? No one gives away anything good.
Yea go get one of those **** bucket GM diesels. You want to see a real piece of crap that breaks down all the time then go get one of those. Why do you think they are so rare to see on the road? Because it was too hard to keep them running.
And by all means go get one of those true Found On Road Dead PSD's. When one of those break, you HAVE to break the bank, or rob one, to fix it. Just one injector for a 7.3 power stroke will cost you over $300 from Ford.

I for one can vogue for the fact that the International IDI is THE BEST diesel engine ever made when it comes to longevity! My grandpa bought a 1983 F250 with the first design 6.9 in it. We drove that thing until Nov 2006, the day it died from a rollover. It had over 650,000 miles on the original engine, with the original glow plugs, with the original IP. The speedometer broke about 6 years ago and it had calculated 580,000, and we drove it every day after that with the speedo broke.

I dont know what to tell you about your truck, I dont know what all has gone wrong with it. But with my family now having 7 of these trucks, I know for a fact that they do need regular service or they will never forgive you for it.

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive owned this sorry assed excuse of a truck for a year and a half and can honestly tell you im done with FORD TRUCKS This truck is undoubtedly the biggest **** on the planet. There hasnt been a week in a row that something didnt break, Its seriously underpowered gets bad fuel mileage. So what makes these trucks so great, what am I missing here. With what ive had to put into this truck, I could have bought a new one. Plus ive lost a good ten years off my life from getting so aggravated. Am I the only owner of an 88 F-250 lemon?

This the wrong place to be bashing Ford trucks. I have owned Fords most of my adult life and never had a lemon. My first Ford was a 65 F100 had it for 3 years, then a 72 F100 had it for 4 years, 73 F100 had that one for 7 years, 90 F150 4 years, 87 F250 4 years, 93 F250 4 years.

Never had a bad one, most Ijust did routine maintenance.

Jim

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
lets see, compared to a new truck these are underpowered. 175 hp is nothing with most new diesels pushing 325-350...but they also weigh more and are 10x more complicated.

with that said, everyone has it right...if u got it for free and it is over 20 yrs old what do u expect?

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell I'll give ya 50 bucks and even come and get it!;Sweet

Hey seriously PM me if you want to get rid of her. Ill take that **** off your hands.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
I'd say it might have problems, but a FREE truck is way better than a payment? If you've put some money in it and drove it for some time then sell it and get you money back and walk away with some knowledge?:dunno

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... Am I the only owner of an 88 F-250 lemon?
Well...all I can say, my 1988 F250 4x4 SuperCab 7.3 has been AWESOME since day one...20 years ago! Never let me down, or on the side of the road.
180,000 miles. ;Sweet

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its a 4x4 or a manual or has a limited slip id be more than interested in parting it out with someones. LOL Ive had mine for 6 months and all ive had to do is feed it fuel and change the oil. 20 MPG and 7000 miles later, still doing alright. how can u go wrong, no spark plus no distributer. Its stupid simple. granted 20+ years old and still only 90,000 miles on it, maybe it just isnt broken in yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online