WTB: US Gear Dual Range Housing (Ford 4x4)

krull048

Reaction score
Hi all,

(First post, Woop!)

I'm searching for a rear housing from a US Gear Dual Range unit on a Ford ZF5 for 4x4. I have a full unit from behind a C6 Auto (4x2), and everything looks functional (Will be testing tomorrow), except the output is integrated into the housing.

Let me know what you have, Thanks!

BlindAmbition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been looking for one of these as well. I do not have one for sale, but am adding some pictures to give reference of what you're looking for. One for a 4x4 E4OD should work as well, it might also be listed as a 2wd E4OD with a driveline brake, commonly used in RVs. Same 4x4 pattern as the ZF5. Be forewarned, that is a ton of weight to be hanging off of a ZF5, they are known to break the tailhousing. I've got a ZF5 GVOD unit that I am hesitant to install simply due to not knowing how to support it, and also because GVOD customer service is fairly terrible unless you buy new from them.

You must be registered for see images attach

krull048

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments and photos BlindAmbition (I might 'borrow' those for my records, finding pictures of these systems is a pain). Yes, the rear housing flange shown in the top photo is exactly what I (we) am looking for. Also, good info on the tail housing. I am planning to go to a divorced T-case setup if I don't find this housing, and now either way I will fab up a support to keep the load off the housing. If I work on a build, I'll start a separate thread for that.

BlindAmbition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also make sure your unit is indeed an overdrive. Mark the input and output, then spin by hand and count revolutions. If it is 1:1 then trigger the solenoid with 12v and do it again. My unit ended up being a 1.25:1 underdrive, not overdrive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86