WTB or trade for Glowplugs

69IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fried all my GPs. Anyone got a set laying around?

69IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the links. Bit of a PITA to bid on one at a time. Yes i need spade plugs. I was looking for a bit cheaper set as i am short on $$.

Anyone ever try the wellman 50-60$ sets on ebay like these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-6-9-6-...ies&vxp=mtr&hash=item19c0a631bb#ht_682wt_1270

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bad things happen with anything but Beru glow plugs. Do a search, you'll hear many horror stories about swelling GPs and breaking them off in the head.

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
Until then, just plug the truck in for a couple hours before you need to drive it. Don't even need GP's if the rest of your motor is squared away.

69IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Until then, just plug the truck in for a couple hours before you need to drive it. Don't even need GP's if the rest of your motor is squared away.

I live in Apts and there are no plugs in the parking lot. So im SOL there. Been using a shot of ether to get her going.

Thought somebody might be willing to let some go for a decent price :dunno

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
That's hard man because they are such a used item here. Everyone needs them. I got super lucky once and found a guy on CL selling 7 ZD9's in Motorcraft baggies for 25 bucks. Is there any way to just run a 100 foot extension cord out from your place or are you just too far from your truck? Try not to use too much ether man. That's bad shizzle for your truck. The cheapest GP's for our trucks are the Autolites, but you're seriously playing with fire there. Maybe buy a whole set of those and 1 Beru. And then buy 1 Beru every week until you have a whole set and then get the garbage Autolites out before they swell. Might at least keep you going for a couple months...

69IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah they don't let us run cords out. Supposedly they will cut them. I am spraying the ether onto my air filter and not using much anyway so it will be fine until i can get some good GPs. I dont even want to chance it with autolites. I think i used up my luck when i bought the truck, it had champions and i managed to get them all out in one piece.

69IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You said buy or trade.....but you listed nothing what so ever for trade?

I have 2 Injection pumps. 1 looks like new but wouldn't work right, and the other works but needs a rebuild. I also have an aftermarket Racor water/fuel seperator. Set of IP to injectors lines, used vacuum pump, used lift pump.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online