WTB M-B 300D Turbo

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello!

This actually isn't for me...I'm posting this for a colleague of mine. He told me that he's looking for an '81-'85 Mercedes 300D Turbo...he specifically said he doesn't want an n/a car, and while I don't know how open he'd be to a 300TD wagon or a 300CD coupe, he specifically said he doesn't want a 300SD...I think he's mainly looking for simple reliable transportation. Now, here's the real kicker...while I think he wants the car to be in generally good shape (I don't think he's all that mechanically inclined), he specifically said that he wants the a/c to work properly.

If anyone in CA (especially the Bay Area; not sure how far he'd be willing to travel) happens to come across one, if you could let me know so I can give him a copy of the ad, I'd greatly appreciate it! He's looking at spending about $2 to $3K...

Thanks in advance ;Sweet

Last edited:

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
For what he wants to spend he's looking at a 4 door sedan, the Coupe and Wagon will easily double that price in road worthy condition, what is his aversion to the 300sd? I've done a fair bit of reading and it seems that even with the added weight fuel economy and performance are similar to the 300d, however it isn't as much fun in the twisties, it's more like driving a rather large boat! Comfy on the highway!

Hello!

This actually isn't for me...I'm posting this for a colleague of mine. He told me that he's looking for an '81-'85 Mercedes 300D Turbo...he specifically said he doesn't want an n/a car, and while I don't know how open he'd be to a 300TD wagon or a 300CD coupe, he specifically said he doesn't want a 300SD...I think he's mainly looking for simple reliable transportation. Now, here's the real kicker...while I think he wants the car to be in generally good shape (I don't think he's all that mechanically inclined), he specifically said that he wants the a/c to work properly.

If anyone in CA (especially the Bay Area; not sure how far he'd be willing to travel) happens to come across one, if you could let me know so I can give him a copy of the ad, I'd greatly appreciate it! He's looking at spending about $2 to $3K...

Thanks in advance ;Sweet

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i like this one;Sweet unfortunately it's a big body.

1980 Diesel Mercedes 300SD Turbo - $2800 (menlo park)

Date: 2010-07-10, 9:05AM PDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Super clean in and out
Cruise controll
sunroof
A/C blow so cold you cold freeze to death
Well mantained
238,000 miles

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

PostingID: 1835590683

Attachments

• 80sd.jpg
    80sd.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 5

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
There is an '83 300D Turbo parked next to my house that maybe is for sale. I'll probably be speaking to the owner tomorrow. Exterior is a medium blue. Lateral scratch from passenger side rear wheel well to front door. Interior looks OK but the driver's seat has a hole. Don't know about the A/C or price.

Attachments

• IMG_1775.JPG
    IMG_1775.JPG
    219.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1776.JPG
    IMG_1776.JPG
    207.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1780.JPG
    IMG_1780.JPG
    230.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1779.JPG
    IMG_1779.JPG
    176 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks!! ;Sweet

I don't know why he doesn't want an SD...maybe just because the 123's a simpler chassis than the 116/126? It might also have something to do with parking at the office being at a premium (Calvin, you've seen how badly packed-in things are)...I dunno; personally, I'd actually rather have a 126 since I spend so much time on the highway and have been spoiled by the Town Cars at work :D

Calvin, if that 116's climate control's in full working order and if it's in as good of a condition as the ad claims, that's a steal even at that mileage!!

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
The SD is short compared to my 45+/- foot long truck :dunno perhaps that's why it feels small, the 300d is a better city car, but I avoid citys like the plauge, they have a similar effect on a person!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online