WTB complete 7.3 rebuild kit

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Any one have any suggestions as to the best one to get and about how much to pay for one? I checked u-haul and they dont list one on their store.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
honestly ive been looking a year now and cant find what i want ive now started piecing it together i think thats your best bet

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure on the perfect circle rings, i've seen many on ebay selling those but ive heard mixed reviews on quality...

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not sure on that one federal mogual has one for a good price as well you can get locally and icanfix and others on the board use mahle and summit offers there stuff at a good price im gonna be using them as well but ive never heard of that one before doesnt mean its bad i just havent heard of them ive been looking for parts for mine for a year now and im piecing it all together

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
I normally just do a reman.I haven't had one priced for awhile but I like the peace of mind

gatorman21218

Reaction score
ok if i have to piece the parts together, is there a best brand for individual parts. in otherwords who makes the best main bearings, rings, etc

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well hypermax is good mahle is good federal mogual is good typ4 offers some stuff as well what are you trying to do and i might be able to help more i have a list made

gatorman21218

Reaction score
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?56933-major-engine-trouble

Man I'm just trying to get this thing running again. At this point I am doing the bottom end as well, minus the oil cooler. So I at least need rings and bearings and gaskets. I will put a new oil pump in. Pistons will be replaced upon further inspection. Need to determine whether the bores are in spec and can be honed or I need to go oversize.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Towcat has the best ring package available but its gonna be costly. He uses them in his fleet of idi tow trucks. Russ does know of a very good bearing set too. They are better than the oem Mahle too. You may just need rings and bearings. DO NOT REPLACE THE OIL PUMP... The Melling aftermarket is nowheres near as good as the old oem one your useing now. Just ask Russ what he found on a new Melling.. What a piece of chit it turned out to be... Save yourself some money and do whats needed when you have some measurements on the bores and wear on the pistons.... But do install a set of studs. They are much better than a new set of stock head bolts and they are cheaper than oem head bolts too.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Hey man i got a motor i can sell you cheaper than a rebuild if you need your truck soon i can even deliver for fuel cost