Wow Someone Loves Their Bricknose...

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
eh, if it was in the midwest it would be an easy sell. Maybe not on the west coast. Rigs go for cheap out there!

Thad

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
At least it has a lot to offer. We had a guy a while back with an 1989 F-350 4x4, standard cab, with tilt flatbed and N/A 7.3 wanting $16k. Two weeks later he was only down to $9k.

DragRag

Reaction score
If that guy get's $6900 for that bricknose, mine's going on Craigslist.....

Is yours as nice as his?

Contrary to popular belief, these trucks do sell for a premium in excellent condition and lower mileage on them. I just sold one for 10.5k, took 3 days to sell it, and it was an e40d not 5 speed. He will get the price, or close to it if he holds out for a little while. I personally have had great success selling these truck for more then what he's asking. How do you think I buy as many as I can get my hands on.

Last edited:

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is yours as nice as his?

Nope, but I can't believe anybody can get that kind of money for an ext cab F250. I understand paying a premium for an A+ cream puff F350 CC, but nearly seven grand for something with two doors and no D60 seems pretty high, regardless of condition.

Just my .02, I realize everything is worth what somebody will pay for it, I'm just of the opinion that if I posted my truck for $5K nobody would call :dunno

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Guy doenst have a clue what he is talking about. The seat is from a 94-97 truck. NOT a 99. I wonder what else he is wrong about

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
Nope, but I can't believe anybody can get that kind of money for an ext cab F250. I understand paying a premium for an A+ cream puff F350 CC, but nearly seven grand for something with two doors and no D60 seems pretty high, regardless of condition.

Just my .02, I realize everything is worth what somebody will pay for it, I'm just of the opinion that if I posted my truck for $5K nobody would call :dunno

I agree. Seems like you guys would think I was smoking crack if I put my 91 up for 7 grand, and mine is a CC D60. Yes mine is not as mint and has a lot more miles, but it is still in nice shape.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know where that truck is and it likely has over 200k on it.'

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
Yeah, I've thought about putting mine on for 8 or 9k just to see what would happen, but I couldn't take the criticism here......:rolleyes:LOL

redmondjp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is nothing. Almost a year ago, I drove from Seattle all the way down to Albany, OR (about 250 miles one way) to look at a low-mileage (under 100K) 1992 F250 7.3 5-spd 4x4 extended-cab that the guy posted on CL for $11K (he really talked it up good in his ad). It was the second owner (young guy who didn't know much about cars/trucks/diesels) who had bought it to tow his RV trailer. We emailed back and forth several times and he came down to $8K before I even went to look at it.

Got there (told him to leave it cold so I could start it myself), and the oil level was not even on the dipstick (he claims to have checked it a month prior, with only occasional use in between - we added a gallon of oil). A number of glow plugs must have been burnt out as it took way too long to start (he didn't even know that this was not normal). All injector return lines were original and cracking. Bad oil leak from RH valve cover (no big deal). The A/C was dead (probably no freon). The $1K worth of "new" tires were actually already five years old - he had installed them a year before at a Sears store, and didn't know that he was getting ripped off by Sears selling him tires at full price that had been sitting on their rack for FOUR years (tire stores won't touch tires older than 10 years in my area, so this is a big deal). The clutch made some loud clunking noises when engaging and disengaging that had me concerned about DMF issues.

I spent about three hours going over the truck and talking to the guy who was really nice, educating him on the potential issues that his truck had and what maintenance needed to be done on it. There was simply no way it was worth even close to what he was asking. I chalked it up as an educational outing for myself and moved on.

Now about two years ago I almost went to look at the same basic truck, but with only 29K original miles on it, for $7K (it sold within a day or two). I decided not to because it had an automatic and I wanted the 5-speed. There are cream puffs that do come along occasionally.