WOT to idle then dies

dbarilow

over worked
Reaction score
Okay, after the truck sitting for 6 months(got a company ride) I decided to take her out for a ride. Started just fine might have cranked for 10sec.
I pulled out onto the main road and laid into the go peddle when I got to speed and let off of the throttle she just died. Pulled over cranked it up again and tried the same thing out with no load in park and still dies. So what do we think; I'm guessing wither fuel filter or lift pump, what say you?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Sounds like a sticky metering valve. Spin a fesh filter full of your favorite injector cleaner/additive and heavily dose the tank. It should clear right up.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What they said - I'm yet to flush mine with a cleaning agent, but upping the idle to 750rpm hot seemed to do the trick nicely.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Water in the fuel or just flat out needs a new filter. Change the filter and do as they said above, add some 44K to the filter and an extra dose in the tank. If that doesnt clear it up let us know.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dustin, Just like they said. Lube it up, and it should clear up with use. Bring it to York on the 30th. That should help make it better. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk