Working on my wipers... No delay function.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys..

Well I replaced my wiper motor today as it would stall out at random. I also broke down and pulled the intermittent wiper regulator out and resoldered it so I'd have more then just high speed.

Now I have high and low speeds... but when the wiper switch is in the "delay" position, it operates as if on the slow speed setting with no delay.

Ideas?

-Chris

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Did you replace it with a wiper motor meant for delay?

Also make sure that 8ga ground cable is on the wiper motor bracket and grounded to the intake.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced it with the only 2 plug motor they had. From my understanding, they are the same. The only difference is in the switch and control box.

ifrythings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct, switch and control box are different but the motors are the same, does your switch have the ground wire on it still and grounded? If that's missing you will get no intermittent wipers, also check the capacitor inside the delay unit, I've seen them break legs and look fine.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct, switch and control box are different but the motors are the same, does your switch have the ground wire on it still and grounded? If that's missing you will get no intermittent wipers, also check the capacitor inside the delay unit, I've seen them break legs and look fine.

Is the ground part of the normal plug? I didn't see a separate ground.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is inline with the switch but no extra ground wire. Anyone have a pic of the additional ground lead?

ifrythings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's one from the net, it's the black wire riveted to the switch and ground to the other grounds by the ebrake release lever
You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online