Wont start!

o5Superduty

Reaction score
Ok so i sold my truck to a guy from baltimore, he drop it home and stopped for dinner in fredrickburg VA, anyways when he gt dne he went out to the truck and couldn't get it to turn over. any ideas? it started up fine all day atleast 4-5 times in town and it was warmed up too. He drove it all hwy and then bang doesnt start. he said smething about some kind of fuel pressure code? he had a diagnostics tool with him.. but doesnt know what the codes mean. The error code he is getting is:
Error from the truck is insuficient icp pressure while cranking

ideas??

Last edited:

redroadrunner

Reaction score
Thanks but im not able to get fire at the starter..I check the switch and when I turn my key on all my lights come on my cluster and turn headlights on and everything is bright even when I turn the key and no efect with headlight..I have check my wires and seem to be good..But motor will not turn over..when I turn key on I hear fuel pump and when glow light goes out I turn key in startmode but I get nothing..any more ideas for me,,thanks

leswhitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried jumping the starter? It could be that your starter has failed, if it doensn't jump with 12v applied then you've fixed your prob...

redroadrunner

Reaction score
Thanks but I have tried jumping the truck and nothing.I even pulled the starter and check it with a charger and works fine and even put another one on it.when I turn the key im not getting any fire at the starter and checked the wiring from the key switch and I have fire..I have cleaned my cables and check my grounds..would you have any more ideas,,I need all I can get and thanks again

leswhitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something doesn't sound right, it's probably that I'm not followng you completely.

1) You pulled the starter and it works so that tells us the starter isn't the problem.
2) You tested the ignition switch and it sends power to the starter (did you test this at the starter or up by the switch?)
3) Cables and grounds are good to go.

Based on 1,2,and 3, my guess would be that your starter relay might be bad. If you're getting 12v at the starter when you turn the key, it might be that the relay is closing enough to send the voltage but isn't working good enough to handle the amps.

If you're only getting 12v at the switch when you turn the key and not actually at the starter, it sounds like you need to trace some wires for a potential short. The easy way is to turn the key and see if the relay clicks. If it does, then you only need to trace from the relay to the starter.

Finally, I know you said the grounds are good but I'd double check by using a jumper cable from the negative battery post to the starter body and/or frame.

HondaCowboy82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One way to most likely to get it to start. There is a bubble connection on the passenger side fender well near the back. Squeeze the connector and pull apart. Connect the end closest to the battery to the positive battery post. Ensure the key is on and the truck should start.
Another couple of possibilities from research when i had this same problem.
1) Your Fan Clutch Relay stuff may have gotten cut/clipped/caught in fan.
2) the PRND switch in transmission is bad.

Your truck may go into LIMP mode when you jump it off the solenoid, but it will allow you to drive to the repair shop or whatnot.

redroadrunner

Reaction score
Thanks for every body reply...I have power now and I check to make sure fuel pump is coming on also..problem now is one minute it will start right up and run for a while and when I cut it off wait about 10 minutes and try starting it again it will turn over fine and I check my relays/fuses and feel them clicking fuel pump is on but want start for a while.about 40 minutes later it will start again..anymore ideas to check PS when I do have it running I checked the voltage and it is dropping fast out of the batterys..I had altornator checked out good even put a new one but still the same thing looseing voltage..I need some help any body

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online