Won't start, sometimes?

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine has a 94 4x4 he just traded a guy for, it has a couple of times just died and also when the engine is hot say drive to the hamburger joint, come back out and she won't hit a lick.

Fool around with it and for some reason it will just fire up?

Since I work on the old Ford all the time he keeps wanting me to figure out what is wrong, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The owner before him mounted the box on top of the engine on a heat sink, guess he needs to replace it first?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Kinda thinkin the same thing Cris called out on.

If so relocate that thing right clean off the motor and over to the fender. Heat kills them things and they aint cheap either.:puke:

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
My buddies truck would run for days and not have a problem, then all of a sudden it would die. Wouldn't throw any codes and out of the blue it would just let you start it and go.

The GM's are famous for these PMD boxes. They are mounted to the side of the pump from the factory....lots of vibrations and heat!! As Ron pointed out, they SHOULD by all rights, intents and purposes be mounted to the inner fender, away from the engine heat and vibrations. My buddy, Joey, got away with a $400 new box installed and relocated, because he knows the guy that runs a delco dealer.

If you don't know anywhere to get discounts, you are lookin at about $300 for the box, no labour.

Check out this relocation kit though.

http://www.dieselperformance.com/index.php/product/index/132P

I USED to be a Chevy guy, until I got my hands on a Ford! lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance