WMO and Synthetics

DeeseSR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can synthetics be used. At work we fill up a 55 gallon drum with Aviation POL's every two weeks with Tranny, Jet Engine, and Hydraulic fluids. It's all filtered to 3 microns already so I wouldn't have to filter it anymore. Can I use this mix or not?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would. got any idea of th emix tho? if you are gonna play on the safe side, fill with no more than 50% of the cocktail and the rest regular diesel feul.

soulpatchfr

goat herder
Reaction score
i'd certainly burn it, but starting at a lower percentage & maybe even only in one tank.
Ron told me not to use hydraulic fluid, but i swear one of Rob's threads mentioned him burning it... maybe someone else? (Russ hasn't posted on the subject much, but i think he has as much or more experience burning garbage in these ole girls than anyone)

Look in my 'another IDI burning WMO' thread & there is a post i made with 4 (i think) links on the first page - somewhat lengthy reads, but if you're serious, worth every second and then some.

i can attest to the fact that synthetic motor oil will burn, as my first 1000 miles on my WMO mix was purely Amsoil ;Sweet

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does the exhaust smell when burning WMO??

I was offered 4=55 gallon barrels of used 15-40 and didn't know if I wanted to tackle filtering it or not.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
MIDNIGHT RIDER said:
How does the exhaust smell when burning WMO??

With 3 gallons mixed into each tank, it kinda gives ya that ga$$er with bad rings smell on an extended idle. Other than that..... BURN BABY BURN! :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger