wiring question

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
This isn't really a mechanical question but more an interior wiring question. I'm have almost finished redoing my interior in the truck and I had taken out the ashtray to paint it, I noticed that on the back of it there is a yellow power wire that goes to the cigarette lighter and then there are two black wires that seem to be ground wires. I'm just curious to know if this is correct cause I done wanna fry any wiring. Thanks

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, the ground wires connect via a spade style connector onto the other part of the cigarette lighter, and the positive wire connects with a "nipple" style connector that fits onto a "bolt" that comes out of the center of the cigarette lighter. I don't believe you can hook them up wrong, but I'm sure someone has at some point. Don't take this towards you, but I have found that "Anytime something is made "idiot proof", someone makes a better idiot."

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
Apparently, I wasn't really paying much attention when I pulled the ash tray out. But it looks like the two black wiresaresupposed to go to the spade connector

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, if they both merge into one connector, which they should IIRC what I saw under the dash of my truck...