Wiring Question 1986

VandalS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the engine bay there is a 4 wire connector, (Red, Yellow, Black w/green, Green w/yellow). The Black and Green wires are for the tach, what I need to know is where do the red and yellow wires go? I'm connecting things to a 1987 engine and I've got most of it figured out, just trying to figure this and the regulator/short protection wiring out.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I know this isn't what you were asking, but wouldn't it be easier to just use all of your 86 wiring on the 87 engine?

VandalS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this isn't what you were asking, but wouldn't it be easier to just use all of your 86 wiring on the 87 engine?

The 86 and 87 are close but the 87 has the improved GP control. Otherwise it is pretty straight forward.

I figured out the wires go to the ammeter just not sure how they connect under the hood.

VandalS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still need to splice them in, but I found in the wiring harness where they go. For those that need wiring diagrams, the 8.00 or so spent through RockAuto for them was well worth it.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still need to splice them in, but I found in the wiring harness where they go. For those that need wiring diagrams, the 8.00 or so spent through RockAuto for them was well worth it.

I wondered about them. Is it an electrical manual you got or just like a Chilton/Hayes manual?

VandalS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wondered about them. Is it an electrical manual you got or just like a Chilton/Hayes manual?

It was about 15 pages of schematics and plug pinouts for bronco - f350. Not the easiest set of diagrams to decipher, but better than not having them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro