Wiring issues...need help

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
I am having some issues with the wiring on my 87 f350 (go figure HA!) and the two connecters next to the column that connect the dash harness to the chassis harness are corroded and have casings coming off the wires. I have no problem replacing them with something else but what would you guys recommend for a source for new connectors.

i need an 8 wire and a 12 wire plug.

Jason

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If probably go with weatherpack connectors if it's outside the cab. You can get them several places. I think most part stores have some. Probably amazon, jegs, or summit would have them too. Inside the cab I like molex stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never used these but might do the trick.

Deutsch 12-pin Connector Kit W/housing, Terminals, Pins, and Seals 14-16 Gauge Crimp Style Terminals
http://amzn.com/B00B4FEMTA

Come in several sizes.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
im looking at those right now. you can buy them cheaper on ebay. the seller i am looking at claims he sells the crimp tool but doesnt have them in his store so i emailed him.

Ruger_556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duetsch connectors are nice but the crimp tool is expensive. Can you get a metripak in that many pins?

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the 12 pin in my engine compartment with two 6 pin weatherpaks. At the time they were all I could get. They are easy to tell apart as I put a empty space in each plug. So line up the empty spaces and you have the correct plugs together.

You might try Molex connectors? They are kind of big and clunky, but should be cheap. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sidecar-9-P...Parts_Accessories&hash=item338847ce2c&vxp=mtr

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replaced the 12 pin in my engine compartment with two 6 pin weatherpaks. At the time they were all I could get. They are easy to tell apart as I put a empty space in each plug. So line up the empty spaces and you have the correct plugs together.

You might try Molex connectors? They are kind of big and clunky, but should be cheap. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sidecar-9-P...Parts_Accessories&hash=item338847ce2c&vxp=mtr

Molex connectors are okay but not weather resistant at all. You'd also need to check the power ratings. Not 100% sure which one you are replacing but the molex stuff is pretty light weight stuff.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for my aux harness for the accessories i got a 25 or more pin wetherpack firewall connector its so much better than stock

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
molex is crap they wont hold the pin in. the weatherpack wont come out ive tried

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Deutsch connectors will work great. We use them at work. I didn't realize this was in the engine bay. You definitely want weather sealed plugs.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

MUCH BETTER!!

the el cheapo crimp tool worked like a charm!