Wireing harness

Tynian

Wrench Counter
Reaction score
Hello Guys and Gals been a while. Hope everyone is good.

Now before you guys kick me outta here, I wanna let y'all know that I searched and posted everywhere before I came here. This is my good ol home and you guys have helped me many many times with my f-350 makin me look like a genius to my neighbors. So I figured if you guys dont mind, can you help me once again get my head out of my **** before it gets stuck in there.....

This is the senario:

I bought 2 trucks. 94 22r3 4x4 yota "bad gas" and swaped that engine into a 91 yota 4x4 ext which had a 22re with rod fixing to come through somewhere.

I have completed the swap and changed what parts I could interchange that worked to match the old 91 harness.

a few of the plastic connectors on the old 91 harness dont match up to the new 94 motor. Like the oil temp sensor, starter switch thingy "I couldn't salvage the 91's starter, CRACKED HOUSING, two other little connectors.

Can I just cut those connectors off the 94 donor harness and splice onto the 91 harness? They all go to the same places, have the same function, wire color code and wire guage. Its just the connectors are a little different and its only like 3 in all that need to be spliced.

I really need a wireing diagram for the engine compartment so I can double check that I reconnected everything as it should be:D

Preshate y'all and if I get deleted thanks anyways for all the help through the years.:angel:

Attachments

• P1010425.gif
    P1010425.gif
    4.3 MB · Views: 1
  • P1010427.gif
    P1010427.gif
    4.5 MB · Views: 1

Popeye2347

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure, you can put the 'new' connectors on the old harness, just be sure you do it right or you will 'let the smoke out of the electrical wires/computer, etc'!cookoo:mad:

With that said however, be advised I am no yota expert but I have done lots of automotive/aviation electrical work, so this advise may or may not help you. Good chance it is worth what you paid for it.

You 'hit the nail on the head' when you mentioned getting a wiring manual. That would be your safest bet, then you only have to correctly interperet what it shows. I suspect one for both years would be needed. Don't overlook the public library as a source for wiring manuals, now-a-days even small libraries can order info from larger ones and get info practically for free.

Good luck...happy wrenching.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7