Will a 92-96 cab work on an 91-older?

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done my fair share of ford parts swapping but never a cab from a 93 onto an 88, I know it will bolt on but will the interior and heater box and clutch all work.. Cab I found is rust free and cheap, but idk if the juice is worth squeezing if it's gonna be a pain.. To me the firewall looks a bit different and wiring holes.. Thanks for any help, I'm sure one if yall has done it..

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you planning on using the OBS dash and interior or transplanting the brick stuff into it? Check out IDIoits's thread in the diesel conversion forum. He put OBS stuff in a brick cab with a PSD. Might give you some insights as to the differences. Off hand, I can tell you the pedal box is different and the mount points are different for the dash.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn.. No I want all brick stuff, my cab has a large tree dent in it from a broke off tree this past winter and this 93 cab I'd near perfect so I wanted to use it if I could..

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got what you need but I'm not quite ready to part with it. Are you in a hurry?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yup, there different.
would take alot of work to do it correctly.
the fenders will line up tho, if the cab has a dash, and wiring, you could use it. but as far as putting a brick nose dash into an OBS, its gonna be a bit of fab work.
pedals are different and so is the column mount, HVAC stuff is pretty much the same with different connectors.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have the original cab for parts do I could cut ot and weld in the brick column mount probably and any other stuff..

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the OBS cab is reinforced to handle airbags. it is major work to adapt it to a brick. go one way or the other completely but trying to graft the two together is going to be a *****.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the top is dented, could you sawzall the top off each cab and swap them? Pull the trim, pull the windows, watch for any wiring and pull it out, and then cut swap and weld. Body repair shops do this sometimes for repairs, depending on the vehicle.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you mean you have what I need??

I've got a single cab white brick truck. Came from tx or ok. The doors are beat up but the cab is decent. Little hail damage on the roof. I bought it for parts.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the top is dented, could you sawzall the top off each cab and swap them? Pull the trim, pull the windows, watch for any wiring and pull it out, and then cut swap and weld. Body repair shops do this sometimes for repairs, depending on the vehicle.
i've learned a brutal lesson year ago on these cabs. there's four to five layers of sheetmetal on the cab perimeter for rollover strength. cutting and welding is a major adventure.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i've learned a brutal lesson year ago on these cabs. there's four to five layers of sheetmetal on the cab perimeter for rollover strength. cutting and welding is a major adventure.

100% correct. been there, done this

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a single cab white brick truck. Came from tx or ok. The doors are beat up but the cab is decent. Little hail damage on the roof. I bought it for parts.

I would love to find an original paint white cab to blend with the rest of the truck. My truck had plenty of dents and loads of scratches and such but all waxed up it was a beautiful survivor look and I just loved that..

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've looked everywhere for another good solid white factory paint cab with patina if you want to use that word..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle