Will '95 ZF5 fit in '88 C6's place?

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
One sure fit in place in my 85! Best advice - check some write ups on here. A lot of them list everything needed! You do not necessarily need a donor truck, but one would help!

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
I just swapped a '92 ZF into my '86 CC.

The turbo up-pipe was the worst part of the whole thing, and it wasn't too bad. Looks like you don't have a turbo to deal with, so it should be pretty easy.

Be sure to grab the ZF-5 crossmember and 'wings' that bolt to the frame. I had to drill two holes, but the rest lined up perfectly. Truck is much better to drive now and though I have not tested it I am sure it gets better MPG too.;Sweet

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lower c6 crossmember is the same as the lower zf crossmember. Even the lower rubber mount is the same. It's the upper wings that are different. Just slide the lower c6 crossmember back to the rearmost set of holes in the lower "c" of the frame, and use the zf upper wing crossmembers.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My C6 cross member would not work with the ZF. It was completely different. Not sure what the difference was - maybe cause it was a gasser.
I used the ZF cross member and wings; the wings lined up with the existing cross member holes on the top of the frame, and I had to drill new holes for the cross member itself to bolt to the frame rails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US