WIERD TWITCH AT IDLE HELP!!!

16yowitaCummin

Any suggestions?
Reaction score
I have an '01 Cummins 5 spd with a powerpuck, 5" exhaust stack, and a afe intake. When my truck reaches its normal operating coolant level it twitches and the whole truck kinda jitters ,:dunno sorry to get all technical. It did this even before the upgrades ive had the dealer and many other area diesel mechanics check this truck out and they all say its fine. something seems off. This is my first truck and any help would be appreciated THANKS oh I forgot to tell you that it only does it at Idle and its not fuel pressure I have the bd BIG FUEL stock replacement and auxillery pumps on it. THANKS AGAIN

Whit

Reaction score
I have never heard nor seen one twitch heheheheheeee :dunno

I would like to se e it do this though...........film it for us and we will see ifin we can figger it out LOL

Bear

Reaction score
Dude, you might consider changing the thermostat. Although this sounds strange these trucks are mostly electronic and need to run at a certain temperature or they seem to get stupid. If you pull the thermostat and test it, you might throw a meter on the sensor and see that its working properly.

VALKYRIES

Reaction score
twitch at idle

By chance is it a miss at idle? Does it continue on up throttle? Were injectors replaced. Have you replaced batteries, alternator.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online

No members online now.