wicked wheel?

George D.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know some people on here are running the wicked wheel in there turbo and was just woundering what it did for our trucks I know on the latter PSD it helped with turbo surge but that isn't realy an issue for us.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It works , and thats what most of the folks who have had me rebuild their turbo opt for.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Wicked wheels are essentially stock OBS psd compressor wheels, as they don't have the surge problem the late 99 + PSD trucks have.

wmoguy

Reaction score
Is this an option for stock motors or do you need a built motor to really benefit/handle it?

IMO it would help a stock turbo'd truck too. I had a 1993 that was stock and had the regular wheel and it could have benefitted from the meatier range from 3-10psithe 60-1 wheel provides.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
what is compressor surge and why do the super duty psd's suffer from it and the obs psd's don't?

Compressor Surge =
1. A severe compressor stall across the entire compressor that can result in severe damage if not quickly corrected. This condition occurs with a complete stoppage of airflow or a reversal of airflow.
2. An operating region of violent pulsating air flow usually outside of the operating limits of the engine flow control settings. A primary cause is compressor blade stall. Surge can result in flameout and, in severe cases, structural damage.

On Edit:
Ignore the flameout part, it doesn't apply to the engines in question.

The superduty psd's suffer it because some "engineer" decided to change the compressor in the turbo.

George D.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only encountered turbo surge on trucks with programers that alowed the turbo to boost too much stock to mild the sd turbo is fine bosst it more than it is suposed to and it gets un happy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk