why the move for the gm diesel forum

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'd hate to have to join yet another forum, but, i guess i'll have to. but i'll still be here for the cummins. ;Sweet
can i ask why the move?

Max Power

Reaction score
The Gm diesel forum was getting almost no traffic. We decided to work out a deal with www.dieselplace.com to exchange links. We send our GM Traffic that way and they send their Ford traffic our way.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks for seeking input from the guys who were putting effort into trying to create traffic there. ;Sweet just in case you don't "get it", I am being sarcastic about the smiley.
I count 11 forums I hit on a daily basis. Although I do know about the dieselpage, I spend more time here so I can cover both my fords and GMs at the same time. guess I am going to have to hit yet another forum now too. -cuss

Max Power

Reaction score
I am sorry about that towcat. I should have consulted the members on this one. I didn't think it would be a problem sice we only had an average of half a dozen posts a month in that forum.

We just felt like it was for the benefit of the members as the diesel place has the necessary gm information to answer you questions quickly and accurately. It's difficult for you to get the same answers here at times with the lack of traffic our forums get.

Max Power

Reaction score
I will discuss further options with you guys. Perhaps an other diesel for where we can discuss any diesels not already having a specific forum.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats sounds like a pretty good idea, but to keep things in check, maybe if it is for medium duty diesels only...but that kinda defeats the purpose of "other"....sounds like a good idea though, that way if i cant get the answer i am looking for here(which i usually do), i have an alternative source with the diesel place. i just hate to join another forum...i like the mood here, laid back and humerous at times, serious when its needed, and very informational.<---the ass kissing part...lol

Max Power

Reaction score
LOL, well as usual we value you and appreciate your opinions. We'll work with you guys to come up with an acceptable solution.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the meantime, don't you think your banner should be redone. The Dmax logo figures pretty prominently in the background. cookoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like the banner you have over on SDD.. something like that would be nice.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i changed my mind. its fine the way it is.

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
:confused: :confused: :confused:

For somebody trying to build a non-specific diesel site, and keep it growing, it seems bizarre that you are shipping not 1, but 2 different sections off to other sites.

Just my $.02, from the devil's advocate view, as usual. :D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PackRat said:
:confused: :confused: :confused:

For somebody trying to build a non-specific diesel site, and keep it growing, it seems bizarre that you are shipping not 1, but 2 different sections off to other sites.
Just my $.02, from the devil's advocate view, as usual. :D
it is what it is....

picked up that little gem from swany the other day.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
*** said:
it is what it is....

picked up that little gem from swany the other day.
you are right there. But to look at the recent past is an indication of a troubling future. It is true that this place started with a less than stellar rep. Because of that, for some time it was abandoned and adrift without direction. Much of that has been changed with new faces and voices. Yet, as OB stabilizes and starts to grow slowly, the momentum gets gutted for a financially better "move". This has already happened once with SDD, now with the GM section. And for the admin to turn around and say that outside of the IDI basement, the only traffic is in the Lounge and the Refinery....gee....are you reaping what you have sown? How can you draw a tech discussion if all you do is bounce it to a "new" forum. Ultimately, I do understand this place like any other forum is a "business" to the ownership. But the substance to make the owners money is the "free" exchange of ideas and information put forth by each individual member's personal time. It would have been real nice for a mod to have PM'd me and anybody else who was putting in time into the chebby section, to ease off the posting for changes are happening soon.
Ironically, I have been a "member" longer at the new chebby place than I have been here. I am not comfortable with their focus and format, so I posted here instead. I am not interested in being "RacirX" or the newest doodad or wheels for the new model truck. I own OLD work trucks and am interested in keeping them alive and a little boost in daily power is good too. OB served as an excellent conduit for owners of multi-makes a year ago, but now it is slowly being gutted to the point I don't recognize this place anymore. I'm glad that the IDI basement has found a new place to archive its collective information, for the experience is too valuable to be lost in unserchable archives elsewhere. But if the ownership of this board have no real intention of revitalizing this entire place, let us know before we waste our efforts in trying to do so. And if you do decide to pull the damn plug for good, fair warning is in order so the info can be copied before it is lost for good.
.....rant off....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online