Why & How Did You Get Here.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Me, I wanted to learn the basics of how my truck works so I could maintain it properly. I found this place within 1 month of purchasing my truck. These pages are a SUPER resource. I may have to go to the rally next year to meet some of the good people!

If you are happy with the help offered her and like the people giving it. I strongly suggest plan ahead and attend a rally. Camping with these family members is great. My trip for the 2009 rally was a most wonderful trip and rally. My miles traveled peaked around 2300 but they were all good miles. Too everyone reading this.. Attend a rally. Some attendees have never missed a rally in probably 14 years of having them.

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the community identity here. Along with the great information, which is second to no source, the people make this place rock. I definitely hope to attend a really some day.

1994 Ford F250, 2wd, 7.3L IDI, NA, E4OD

stealth13777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have to echo Troy_caleb 's answer. I finally found both the truck I wanted and had the money at the same time. Bought it and realized I had a can of worms mechanically. Frantic searching led here, and y'all are the reason I'm halfway through a hopefully successful rebuild. Need more southeast members!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

troy_caleb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hah, I got all excited when you said southeast...you were referring to the southeast of the lower 48 states not southeast ak...

troy_caleb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my wife is from vermont and we were planning a road trip to visit her family next summer sometime, if it worked out I would definitely swing over to new hampshire to see everyone and their rigs.

nic55kel

Nic55kel
Reaction score
Got here after buying my IDI truck in July of 2013.
Did not take much googling before realizing that this is THE site if one has an IDI.
I love the simplicity of the truck but not so much the way it scares mothers and small children.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We just need to plan an IDI rally, southern edition.

stealth13777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Gotta get mine running and even then the odds of getting leave at the right time for it aren't good, but if the stars aligned, I'd be in. Lots of good places all over the south

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got to the site cause the previous owner suggested i check it out... that and i don't know chit about diesels lol!! so i have learned as i went with this site.. have had my truck now about 4.5yrs and still can't truly say i am an IDI fan though...

oztinker47

Reaction score
Doing my homework before buying a diesel truck is how i found this site, its been far more useful than the shop manual ever was. Ive learned things i would have never known here. Every friend who owns a diesel has been helped in some way by the folks here at oilburners, thanks everyone!

Sent from my LG-VS410PP using Tapatalk 2

C_Luft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been a lurker since 2010, oilburners seemed to always have better tech articles and just a nicer crowd than some of the "other" sites I've seen. Another reason I got interested in IDI engine was my grandparents would always talk about there 1985 standard cab 6.9 idi turbo diesel which to this day they wished they never got rid of, I think they traded it for a 1993 magnum conversion (e-series body with truck bed), cummins engine, with gear venders overdrive, it only has 11,000 miles since new. When I finally stumbled across my current 1994 truck on craigslist for $2500 I had to have it. Drove her home with many stops for adding oil and two new batteries.

Last edited:

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm here because powerstroke.org does not deal with IDIs.
Now that I'm here, I won't be going back for my PSD needs