Why & How Did You Get Here.

mariner45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like a lot of members I moved over from the other Fod website. It went downhill fairly quickly from what I remember and a number of people mentioned this site, so over I cometh and have not looked back. Yes Warden worked with either the Sea cadets or the Coast Guard on boats. Ziggster did engine rebuild and some other interesting mods (from Victoria BC) Mel used to be there at one time and of course a lot of other members I don't remember.

Here are great folks, great advice and a great sense of humour seems to be present by all - one very rarely hears of arguments and snide remarks. A great place to visit and learn and if I am lucky, can contribute a little.

Thanks everyone, for making this site what it is - it is really a collection of like minds :)

Happy New Year to all.

Thx

mariner

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I think I was looking on Google to diagnose my GP issues on my first diesel, '92 f250 4x4. I lucked out as this was the first forum that I joined. I have since joined FTE and PSN but probably don't have 30 minutes and 5 post on the 2 sites combined. OB is the most down to earth site out there, that's why I pretty much have no need to venture elsewhere.

DieselWood

Reaction score
I got on here after a friend convinced me that a diesel was the way to go for my profession, and I have to say, I am not dissapointed, the low end tourque is indespensable in the bush, they are very good on fuel, and have a far more roubust feel, on the downside they're loud and stinky but i understand i can't have everything.....honest truth:dunno. I would like to thank all the posters on here for sharing your knowledge with me, almost every issue I have had with my diesel/ford truck....there has been an answer somewhere on here....maby oneday I will become knowledgable (or quick) enough to contribute more THANK YOU, HAPPY NEW YEAR AND KEEP IT UP:)

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my case, I was searching for answers for a variety of things on my 85. This site kept coming up with the answers I needed without the ego and side tracking I kept seeing in other forums.

The cut-away of the head that Heath found for me sold me on this site. Because of him, my family was able to enjoy a summer of camping knowing my truck wouldn't blow up. Since then, I have had nothing but good information from here and I have been spending more and more time trying to return the favor to folks on this site.

Thanks everyone for making this one of the most reliable sources of factual information on these IDI's on the internet. I am looking forward to being part of this place for many years to come!

Now if I could just find time and money to make it to one of our rallys.

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stumbled on this site in grade 12 after my friend gave me a ride in his (no my idi). I fell in love with the truck that day and now its mine :D. One of the main reason i bought the truck is b/c of the amount of support I saw on this site...and that was about three years ago. In all honesty I use to be into cars/ 'tuners'....that being said ive been apart of many car forums including one local to me. And Ive experienced a lot internet tough guys and know it alls, and I can tell you guys and gals this site has never made me feel attacked or unwelcome and I love it for that!!

Have a very happy new year everyone!

Gavin

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
like many of us, i am a TDS refugee. Went by a different handle there, IIRC I was CowKiller on there.

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like a lot of members I moved over from the other Fod website. It went downhill fairly quickly from what I remember and a number of people mentioned this site, so over I cometh and have not looked back. Yes Warden worked with either the Sea cadets or the Coast Guard on boats. Ziggster did engine rebuild and some other interesting mods (from Victoria BC) Mel used to be there at one time and of course a lot of other members I don't remember.

I followed "old mister bill" and "Fred Hemer" from long ago...

I still lurk on occasion, don't post much though...

Still got my '93, running like a top!

happy new year to all!

Zigg :)

stumiister

Diesel Truck Tech
Reaction score
I had bought my truck about 2 years ago and I saw a truck that I really liked, but unfortunitly it was a basket case. I got on other forums and wasnt getting the results I wanted with questions I was asking so I choose to use this one and have liked it ever since. Gary, Calvin and some others has been a wealth of knowledge for me and others that have sometimes reduntant or maybe dumb or lame questions that could have been answered by checking the FAQ's section or the Tech section of the forum.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sea Scouts, actually :D I actually still work with them when time allows...unfortunately, with my current job, I work weekends, so I can't do as much, and what I end up doing is mostly behind-the-scenes. BTW in the "Site X" days, we had an 82' Point-class ex-CG cutter; we have a 95' Cape-class ex-USCG cutter now ;Sweet

I followed "old mister bill" and "Fred Hemer" from long ago...

I still lurk on occasion, don't post much though...

Still got my '93, running like a top!

happy new year to all!

Zigg :)
Holy cow, here's someone who hasn't been seen in forever...how you doing Zigg?!? Great to see you ;Sweet I wonder how Fred Hemer's doing...IIRC he had slowed down even before "Site X" was effectively abandoned...

travelinman31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was attempting to deep fry my first turkey, and burned the peanut oil. Put something in google like "burnt oil what to do" and all of the searches came back to "Oilburners.net". No seriously everytime I searched anything pertaining to a diesel I was always drawn to the answers posted on OB. I don't know everything , as a matter of fact I don't know very much, but I can tell when someone knows what they are talking about. And the guys on this site seem to be hands down the best information on these trucks. I appreciate all the information and knowledge I've gained from this site, and one day I hope to be able to help someone else with the knowledge I have and am gaining from here. May the New Year hold everything you hope it will!!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was attempting to deep fry my first turkey, and burned the peanut oil. Put something in google like "burnt oil what to do" and all of the searches came back to "Oilburners.net". No seriously everytime I searched anything pertaining to a diesel I was always drawn to the answers posted on OB......

Thats a really funny one that one is....lmao I did and even Superwifey thought it was funny.

SyicoIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was cruising google for info on 6.9's and this site kept popping up. So i decided to join and put my S1600 project on here.

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe Type 4 told me about this site when I asked a Ferd question on the now defunct Schuman Automotive site. I knew several of you from that site and used to spend most of my time there discussing Mercedes diesels. As that site went downhill I spent more and more time here.
Good group of folks here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online