Who is using the hypermax cowl intake?

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
Yeah most vehicles driven during the winter around here dont last near as long as ones from states who dont use road salt. They are also using salt brine and that stuff gets in every little crack and crevice.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
We dont have that problem, they spread sand on our roads. That just means when the snow melts we still get to drift the corners until a good wind comes along an blows the sand away.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I love mine to pieces. It does everything advertized. It dropped my EGTs about 300deg, Spools up the turbo WAY faster( i've had folks comment about how they hear the turbo all the time, even right off idle) Only downside I've seen is if running the climate control on fresh air while climbing a steep hill, the turbo wins out for the air :rotflmao

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
It works good for getting cool air to the engine. I don't like it because my parts truck had one. After sitting through a rainy spring/summer my crankcase had 2 gallons of water in it. The air filter was sopping wet/rusted. I don't know if whoever put it on goofed but I wasn't proud.

That sounds a whole lot like a combination bum hood seal /air cleaner bolt seal problem which is fairly common without a cowl induction . LEaking hood seal lets water pool up on the air cleaner center where it seeps down around the bolt and fills up the engine.

If the the cowl induction is installed properly, it's pretty well impossible to get water in. There are drains in the cowl on both sides and a drain in the air cleaner