Who else is looking for a DT360?

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another advantage the DT360 has over the Cummins is it's wet sleeve design. If the bores are worn or you have a bad cylinder, just pull the bad sleeves or sleeve and replace. No need to go to the machine shop.;Sweet

Heath

Last edited:

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's relisted yet again...... HERE. I don't get why he says "This is a NO RESERVE AUCTION - BID TO WIN!!!!" when he has a reserve price.cookoo

HERE IS ANOTHER that is close to me, but way overpriced.:dunno

Heath

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
aren't the 360 and 466 the same length? i know the 466 is taller and wider. Also has anyone figured out the mount for zf5 or w/e? ty

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
aren't the 360 and 466 the same length? i know the 466 is taller and wider. Also has anyone figured out the mount for zf5 or w/e? ty

Nope, completely different block. The DT360 is only a inch longer than the 5.9 cummins.

As far as an adaptor plate to hook up Ford trannies to the rear of a DT360.... already be done.
You must be registered for see images

Heath

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
It's relisted yet again...... HERE. I don't get why he says "This is a NO RESERVE AUCTION - BID TO WIN!!!!" when he has a reserve price.cookoo

Heath

Ebay calls that a bait and switch, I filed a report, and I suggest everyone do the same. Let's see what happens. THey have a link right there on the listing below the seller info now to make it easier to find.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
zf5 can handle the torque decent? i dont need a million speeds I just want a solid strong power plant (like the dt series with their nice wet sleeves) and a good method to put it to the wheels. I like my 4x4 too but I got the T19 not the zf5

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, completely different block. The DT360 is only a inch longer than the 5.9 cummins.

As far as an adaptor plate to hook up Ford trannies to the rear of a DT360.... already be done.

Heath

Hey Heath...with the adapter...can you give us some more info...such as price, where to get it? Or can we just use the Ford-SAE3 adapter our IDIs and PSD trucks have? I'm not in the market now and may never be but it's surely possible. Actually if hooking up the Ford trannies and the DT360 seems feasible I'd say with something like a DT360 or even a Cummins something like a T18 or T19 with a brownie or DNE2 box would be preferable to a ZF5, but to each his own.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am NP435 and a net final drive of 2.95, I be good with a divorceable bell....

Enlighten us on said adapter.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black Dog how in the hell are you getting a final drive of 2.95 with an NP435? Tranny is stout, I'd never get rid of that thing but you need you an aux to get you a better fnal drive with that Cent especially. I'm thinking she's 1:1 in top gear just like my T18 from behind a gas motor, only your first is even lower than mine (6.69:1 right)? My final ratio is 3.55 approximately and will be 3.02 with the brownie.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found another 3126 today... the temptation is strong for this one...

Any one need a pimp 6.9, wastegated ATS, PSD intercooler, NP435 1356 set up, include the exhaust, 3" DP to 4" all the way back...

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Not much to explain. The small cat engines are junk. Anyone that has delt with them will tell you the same thing

cetanefreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
power efficiency durability and reliability SUCK compared to their big engines or Cummins and IH equivalent engines, that said I didn't have any problems with the 3126 in my service truck until about 7000 hours of operation. at that point the valves all dropped at almost the same moment, $15,000 for Cat to fix it.

part of it was surely gearing, but even with the new engine it still only got 7-8.5 MPG at 65mph.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online