Who else is looking for a DT360?

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Heath...with the adapter...can you give us some more info...such as price, where to get it? Or can we just use the Ford-SAE3 adapter our IDIs and PSD trucks have? I'm not in the market now and may never be but it's surely possible. Actually if hooking up the Ford trannies and the DT360 seems feasible I'd say with something like a DT360 or even a Cummins something like a T18 or T19 with a brownie or DNE2 box would be preferable to a ZF5, but to each his own.

A guy on Comp. Diesel by the name of "pipewhiner" is the guy who initally had the adaptor made. He has a DT360 in a superduty with a build 4r100 (or whatever that auto tranny is called) behind it. Here is the post with the photos I posted above. CLICK I've asked where and how much for the adaptor with no answer as of yet.

Heath

Exekiel69

Reaction score
A guy on Comp. Diesel by the name of "pipewhiner" is the guy who initally had the adaptor made. He has a DT360 in a superduty with a build 4r100 (or whatever that auto tranny is called) behind it. Here is the post with the photos I posted above. CLICK I've asked where and how much for the adaptor with no answer as of yet.

Heath

I found that one on google some time ago when You send Me the link on ebay for the dt360, that guy spent about 10k in the whole thing if I'm not mistaken and did it just so that other would see its about the same as doing a cummins swap. I think he paid $900 for the adapter and $1400 with the flywheel of something like that. To think a lot of guys make their own adapter plates, more work but a lot less $$$.
If I knew what I know now I would provably have a different engine on My truck now, still I love My 6bt.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score

Heath

Yeah. he has a project log on the nation as well. He has about 10k into the conversion. here is the linky http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34718

91/2 7.3idi

BarnyardFabrication
Reaction score
carson stauffer in pa made the adapter plate and flywheel. hoping to be able to give them a call myself soon for my 360 swap.