White smoke under acceleration/higher RPM's

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
Thats not a bad price for a rebuilt pump what did they charge you for a core for the pump ?

As for finding out that the truck has a 6.9 in it instead of a 7.3 are you sure the truck is a 90 then could it be a 87 ?

Well you have to think of it this way the rebuilt pump and injectors should last for the rest of the trucks life. You should probably do the glow plugs too while your at it oh ya don't buy them from Ford they are rip off city.

bagstroke

Reaction score
towcat said:
white smoke is raw diesel. I'd lay odds you have pump issues.
When you say pump do you mean HPOP or fuel pump?? Sorry if I sound like a novice...Just wondering...

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bagstroke said:
When you say pump do you mean HPOP or fuel pump?? Sorry if I sound like a novice...Just wondering...
bags,

Youre gonna get swonked asking a question like that in IDI land........ sorry guys, I'll ****** him upstairs to the PSD forum now......

com'on bags, lets run like hell,,these guys are pretty rough down here, take your lunch money and everything if you aint careful.... :rotflmao

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
Pacific said:
Thats not a bad price for a rebuilt pump what did they charge you for a core for the pump ?

As for finding out that the truck has a 6.9 in it instead of a 7.3 are you sure the truck is a 90 then could it be a 87 ?

Well you have to think of it this way the rebuilt pump and injectors should last for the rest of the trucks life. You should probably do the glow plugs too while your at it oh ya don't buy them from Ford they are rip off city.

Yes, the truck is a '90 but it had a "new" (very unsure of this term now) motor put in it a few years back... So, I knew it was not the original motor that the truck came with.
$350 for the core charge, since I had 3 pumps with it, they didn't get the running one that was on it ;) But ya, the pump it's self was only $650 (with core)
After paying $109 for the damn tach sensor, Ford is going to have to *REALLY* work for it if they want any of my money.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
bags,

Youre gonna get swonked asking a question like that in IDI land........ sorry guys, I'll ****** him upstairs to the PSD forum now......

com'on bags, lets run like hell,,these guys are pretty rough down here, take your lunch money and everything if you aint careful.... :rotflmao

homer-
you get a doughnut with pretty sprinkles on it for your good deed today ;Sweet :rotflmao ;Sweet :rotflmao

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bagstroke said:
:oops: :idiot:

I'm runnin!!!!!!
Atta boy............... stay on my heels and I'll lead you to the promised land!!!

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Atta boy............... stay on my heels and I'll lead you to the promised land!!!
But you're in the promised land already!! Just because we object to the presence of heathens in the promised land... :draw :backoff :draw

:rotflmao