which exhaust brake

shrek

Reaction score
Hi forum I am new to here as I just bought a 97 dodge cummins with 169000 kms. It has a upgraded exhaust gauges air intake it is also a manual 2x4. What is missing is a exhaust brake. So which one to get I can get a BD for a little over a grand Canadian installed. Not sure of the price on the PacBrake. So which one to get or do one go with a Banks or A Jake.

Thanks

Jasen

Hallworth

Take Off! You Hoser
Reaction score
I had a buddy with the BD one on his 01 2500 and it worked very well. We were running it from smithers to revelstoke and you never had to touch the brakes on the highway. I would go with them just for the fact that you are so close. no shipping

Whit

Reaction score
BD or PAC they are both great...............get the 4" inline style so it wont limit you on turbo upgrades in the future

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Both do the same job... as kevin mentioned get the inline because the other is a replacement of the stock exhaust elbow. Just be careful when you engage it on slick surfaces because the rear wheels will slow down enough that she will slide a bit. As stated you can slow them down enough to not hardly ever use the service brakes on the truck. I had the pac-brake on mine and loved it...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726