Which clutch are you running?

Which Clutch are you running?

• SBC Con O

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • SBC Con OFE

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • SBC Con FE

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Dual Disk from any of the big 3 (Haisley, SBC, EEP)

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Other.....please post telling us.

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters

dodgeman01

TOWN DRUNK
Reaction score
the centerforce would slip under a load after a month or so. the about three months later it would slip in 5th unloaded them a few months later 4th. now 3rd on dry road :number2
DM01

Stomp

Reaction score
Luc ceremetalic

I put in a luc ceremetalic clutch in last July. It seems to hold just fine. How long will it last who knows. Last time I was on the dyno I rolled 520/1245. I just got done with my twin install and it still hasnt sliped. It is a little grabby, but I dont think it is as bad as a FE. I am still running my getrag tranny so when it blows I will get a nv4500 and go with a dual disk. They dont make a dual disk for a 1-1/4" input shaft do they and since I cant update the getrag I will just keep abusing it till it needs replaced.

Stomp

Helipilot500E

Reaction score
Stomp Enterprise Engine Performance make a DD for a 11/4" input shaft www.enterpriseengine.com

Stomp

Reaction score
Hey thanks. I really dont want to put a whole lot of cash into this tranny because I know it wont last forever. When it goes I will get the totally worked over nv4500. I wish I could scrap the manual and get an auto. I get tired of rolling through the gears. Thanks for the tip at least I somewhere to look if I have to go to a dual disk anytime soon.

Stomp

Got Smoke?

The Smokey One
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stomp
I wish I could scrap the manual and get an auto. I get tired of rolling through the gears.

Stomp I've ridden in a 12V with a EEP Dual Disk on the 1 & 1/4" shaft.....GRABBY is and understatement! :sorry:

Look over on DTR there is a tranny maker by the name of Geroand or something like that.....he makes some pretty tuff Slushboxes from what I have read over there and the stands behind his stuff too. Dodgeman01 told me that a complete tranny from him was $2800.

It would be worth looking into since that DD is gonna run you almost $2000 anyways. ;)

Forrest

Reaction score
Originally posted by Got Smoke?

What clutch are you running in your truck, and how to you like it?

McLeod dual disc clutch ... love it. Pedal pressure feels the same as the stock clutch. It's been in there for over 5 years now. I have no reason to change ... no complaints.

Got Smoke?

The Smokey One
Reaction score
Gosh! When I got a reply to this thread last night I didn't realize how old it was, and that I was the one who originally started it.

Since this thread was started I have finally got my Club Cab.

Its a 97 Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 5spd with a JR Adkins "custom" plate, PDR 370's, 3K GSK, and a South Bend Dual Disk.

I just got the clutch about 2 months ago now, but I've had the truck for about 6 or 7 months. I happen to come across a SCREAM'N deal on this SBC barely used from a 3rd Gen guy and the rest is history! LOL

I can't wait to get out there a pull a few times this year. Still need a few things first though.

#1 Traction bars
#2 JR's laser cut DV's
#3 4K GSK
#4 18.5cm housing

I'm working on them slowly but surely. ;burnout

Last edited:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Got Smoke?
Gosh! When I got a reply to this thread last night I didn't realize how old it was, and that I was the one who originally started it.

We could rename it THE THREAD THAT WOULDNT DIE if you wish LOL

Green Machine

Reaction score
Had a 13 Fe in my 96 it was nice for pullen sleds and Drag racen but sucked in town or traffic. I now Have a Ofe in my 02 its nice but I think im going to kill it really soon with to much power. I will then go to a Enterprise D/D. I have seen a few S/B DD go **** up pullen sleds

Got Smoke?

The Smokey One
Reaction score
Originally posted by Green Machine
Had a 13 Fe in my 96 it was nice for pullen sleds and Drag racen but sucked in town or traffic. I now Have a Ofe in my 02 its nice but I think im going to kill it really soon with to much power. I will then go to a Enterprise D/D. I have seen a few S/B DD go **** up pullen sleds

Peter had redesigned his clutches since the recent failures last year at the tracks. They hold A LOT better!:D

And if you hated a 13" FE in traffic, you will be vulgar with a EEP DD. I have a friend with stock size input shaft EEP DD in a 98 2500 QC SB 4x4. It was even more grabby on take off than a TST button clutch I used to run a WHILE back, and that TST made a 13" FE I had look like a stock clutch!:sorry: :fight:

DSteinel

Reaction score
I drive My EEP DD all the time, Pull sleds, pull heavy trailers, plow snow and about anything else you can do with a truck. I don't understand why everybody says it's so grabby, drive it for a week and then tell me if it is still so bad you wouldn't want to drive it in traffic. If so then I say get an auto because a stick ain't for you. My wife drive this truck when she need to, she has pulled trailers with it for me and she has no problem or complaints, My buddies girlfriend drove it a couple of weeks ago about half drunk and the only problem she had was finding the gears in the 6 spd.:sorry:

Green Machine

Reaction score
The bigest problem for me was backing up my 25' boat up my drive way. It would jurk/spinout/jurk/grab/and away you go. The FE was a little hard for my WIfe to drive but it did hold a heck of a lot of power and I did beat the crap out of it daily. I never did slip it even speed shifting (hold right foot to the floor and push in the clutch and shift, with the right foot still to the floor). I did only have 440hp so im not shure if 500 would have done it in.

DSteinel

Reaction score
With a gentle left foot I regularly back up with about 38000 lbs gross. If it's tight where I'm backing I'll use low range in the transfer case, I just unplug the vacume line for the front axle if I don't want the hop from the front end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726