Which clutch are you running?

Which Clutch are you running?

• SBC Con O

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • SBC Con OFE

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • SBC Con FE

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Dual Disk from any of the big 3 (Haisley, SBC, EEP)

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Other.....please post telling us.

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters

Got Smoke?

The Smokey One
Reaction score
I myself had been trying to save, and at the same time convince myself to spend a small fortune on a dual disk clutch of some sort (SBC or Haisley) for the past 7 months. Finally I could no longer convince myself so I'm just short a couple of weeks from ordering a 13" Con FE from Southbend.

What clutch are you running in your truck, and how to you like it?

MUDDY

Reaction score
had the fe twice on 2 6 speeeds.both worked well but the 02 was less chatter than03 backing trlr. had ofe in my98.5 5speed. smooth,nochatter. liked all of em and no worries bout handleing the power

CHarlan

Reaction score
Its about time you finally learn, cut the crap and get a good clutch, Mark... I tried to tell you that in the beginning!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dodgeman101

Sled ******
Reaction score
You know what I have and how I like it. I wouldn't go with anything less than a dual disc of any brand just in case you feel the need to hook to something you shouldn't you will always have enought clutch for the job and can add power at will.

Dodgeman101

dodgeman01

TOWN DRUNK
Reaction score
Originally posted by Got Smoke?
'Bout time you got your sorry butt over here! ;Pissed :fight: LOL
sorry you know how hard it is to walk with this huge limp I got. Kept falling and tripping. had to have my GF hold me up.
DM01

Got Smoke?

The Smokey One
Reaction score
Originally posted by dodgeman01
sorry you know how hard it is to walk with this huge limp I got. Kept falling and tripping. had to have my GF hold me up.
DM01

Man this room just started smelling really bad. :rolleyes: :fan:

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
I'm on the stock clutch for now, but plan on adding more power in the future. Is there anything wrong with going with the highest performing clutch? Even though my goals are set around 350 hp? I see the money factor, but I only want to do it once. I guess my question is will it drive ok or will it be too sticky/rough?

Whit

Reaction score
Tim, the ofe will do you a fine job at 350hp, the fe from what I have read will tend to be grabby like Muddy says. I think the ofe is for up to 400 hp if I remember correctly but not sure.

Cheers, Kevin

Got Smoke?

The Smokey One
Reaction score
Originally posted by Whitmore
Tim, the ofe will do you a fine job at 350hp, the fe from what I have read will tend to be grabby like Muddy says. I think the ofe is for up to 400 hp if I remember correctly but not sure.

Cheers, Kevin

13" OFE = 450HP
13" FE = 550HP

I tend to agree with Whitmore. If your only going with 350HP, but still want some overkill go with the OFE the FE might be a lot grabbier because of less power going through it.

Reguardless talk it over with Peter @ SBC before you do anything he will steer you in the right direction.

Got Smoke?

The Smokey One
Reaction score
Originally posted by CHarlan
Its about time you finally learn, cut the crap and get a good clutch, Mark... I tried to tell you that in the beginning!!

:***: Chris you had WAY to much alcohol between now and the last time we talked clutches bubba! Your the one that told me to skimp and go with the 12" OFE for $800 :kick:

Who's the one who didn't cut the BS in the first place and get a good enough clutch!:moon:

sfm12

Reaction score
I have the centerforce Dual Friction. So far, so good.

Scot

Got Smoke?

The Smokey One
Reaction score
Originally posted by sfm12
I have the centerforce Dual Friction. So far, so good.

Scot

How much TQ are you pushing through it? Dodgeman01 has the same clutch and once he broke 800FT/LBS of torque it started slipping. Has been ever since, he's about to get a SBC DD as he stated above however.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726