Where Would You Start in Diagnosing Right Front Blinker Non-Function

ne_plus_ultra_1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My right rear blinker works fine, front doesn't at all...

Where would you start in diagnosing it?

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you're a little low on blinker fluid. :rotflmao Sorry couldn't resist. Or you might need a new bulb. Or possibly clean the connector and lube with dielectric grease.

ne_plus_ultra_1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good suggestions.

The first thing I did was check the timing on my serendipity. It was good so I checked the air in the back tire.

Really I did start with checking bulb (brand new but checked anyway) and socket to which there is no voltage. I didn't start chasing wires or anything.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check the ground on that corner of the body, does the headlight work? Park lamp?

NJGearhead666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my truck did that and I tracked it down to needing a new blinker switch on the column. what year is the truck?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
check the ground on that corner of the body, does the headlight work? Park lamp?

I'm with Russ on this. The ground wires should be in the harness and near the passenger side battery area on the inner fender.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
my truck did that and I tracked it down to needing a new blinker switch on the column. what year is the truck?

yep could be the switch in the dash, the front and back are seperate in the switch.

start with tracing the wires though before you start pulling the wheel to test.

ne_plus_ultra_1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1997 body, 1994 IDI wiring.

I believe the switch worked well before conversion so I will chase wires first.

I guess I should consult wiring diagrams for wire colors...?

All the other lights in that corner work as well as the other filament of the bulb. I suppose I should have provided this info earlier to potentially rule out a ground...?

NJGearhead666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1997 body, 1994 IDI wiring.

I believe the switch worked well before conversion so I will chase wires first.

I guess I should consult wiring diagrams for wire colors...?

All the other lights in that corner work as well as the other filament of the bulb. I suppose I should have provided this info earlier to potentially rule out a ground...?

my switch worked great too then one day the right rear wouldnt blink but the front would be. I cleaned all the grounds put new bulbs in and then i took the column apart and used the test light on the switch. All 4 blinker bulbs have 4 seperate contacts when ford went to the switch with they made the wipers and turn signals one assembly.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
my switch worked great too then one day the right rear wouldnt blink but the front would be. I cleaned all the grounds put new bulbs in and then i took the column apart and used the test light on the switch. All 4 blinker bulbs have 4 seperate contacts when ford went to the switch with they made the wipers and turn signals one assembly.

yup, Ford is not the only one that did that to. each corner has its own contact.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online