where to get a down pipe

onebadiditurbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys lookin for a down pipe for my 93 idi turbo ats says they dont carry one for this application anymore so my question is where can i either find one or will one off an early powerstroke like 94-97 work its a factory turbo if that matters

sassyrel

Reaction score
Hey guys lookin for a down pipe for my 93 idi turbo ats says they dont carry one for this application anymore so my question is where can i either find one or will one off an early powerstroke like 94-97 work its a factory turbo if that matters

ford dont?? or ats doesnt???

zpd307

Reaction score
if someone has one laying, not used yet....... i would take one if they made a couple of copies off of their original.

onebadiditurbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke to a guy at ats and he said they wasnt offering products for the idi anymore unless you wanter replacement parts for the aurora system or wanted to buy the system

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting an ATS downpipe to fit would be a trick, they used 3" and the factory turbo used a different pipe. Probably getting one made is cheapest. ATS customer service is usually rude and unhelpful from what I have heard. Do you have an old one to use as a template or are you trying to install this on your truck for the first time?

sootman73

Reaction score
why not just use flex pipe?

i actually just got done doing this! not 30 minutes ago. sounds great. just got to get enough flex to extend it back to my stacks.

i didn't wrap it in header tape i just wire tied the original heat shield around it. worked pretty good actually. temps are a lot lower but i haven't been able to run it hard as my front tire has a nail in it so i had to limp home to get a plug in it.

zpd307

Reaction score
i was thinking the header tape would give the pipe more rigidity, isnt flex pipe kind of floppy, and to keep it leak free. did you cut off the factory lip at the v clamp and et a 2.5 to 3 inch adapter?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have a ATS down pipe that can be copied by a muffler shop. If you really need one, I can have them copy mime at your cost.

needboost2live

Reaction score
i recently talked to someone from ats and they quoted me $575 for the downpipe, outlet housing, and turbo housing (i think thats what its called)... He said he'd be glad to take the order for me but he's not sure when I would get the items. basicly.... i give him money and he gives me nothing.... I didn't like the deal and hung up the phone. My local exhaust shop that normally does anything said they couldn't fab one up for me and didn't even want to "modify" the cab to fit a larger one in. GRRR... i want a 3 in DP and a new exhaust!

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i recently talked to someone from ats and they quoted me $575 for the downpipe, outlet housing, and turbo housing (i think thats what its called)... He said he'd be glad to take the order for me but he's not sure when I would get the items. basicly.... i give him money and he gives me nothing.... I didn't like the deal and hung up the phone. My local exhaust shop that normally does anything said they couldn't fab one up for me and didn't even want to "modify" the cab to fit a larger one in. GRRR... i want a 3 in DP and a new exhaust!
Your local exhaust shop sucks *******. Obviously you want mandrel bends vs crimp bends. By purchasing pre made bends and some straight pipe anybody with a chop saw and a welder can fab up a down pipe. This is an example of pre bent pipe.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/...side-Diameter-in/2-500-in/?Ns=Rank|Asc&page=4

In these times it's shocking that any shop would turn down business

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online