Where to buy ZF5 parts online?

Mike-M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just assembled my new ZF5 using my idi S5-42 case, gears and tail from a 460 S5-47, and a bearing shim from a friends parts box (he used to own a tranny shop). Its going smooth and Im almost ready to install it. I need to find a few little parts - gaskets and detent spring plugs. Where can I order these online? Im unable to source them locally. I have the part numbers from the manual but I dont see a spot to order them on ZF's website.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
No gaskets....
Set bearing preload, then use threadlock on the mating surfaces. (IIRC)
Measure the detent spring plug holes, and get them locally or order online.

Bashby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the detention plugs, I had to re use one on mine. I had drilled a small hole to remo.ve it with a screw. It still fit tight in the hole and I put some rtv on it to seal it up.

Mike-M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No gaskets....
Set bearing preload, then use threadlock on the mating surfaces. (IIRC)
Measure the detent spring plug holes, and get them locally or order online.
I used gray permatex mating the cases together. But the pto covers arent flat surfaces like that. The covers have sort of a ridge on them that has to press into the gasket, thats why I want to stay with paper there.
For the detention plugs, I had to re use one on mine. I had drilled a small hole to remo.ve it with a screw. It still fit tight in the hole and I put some rtv on it to seal it up.
Thats ghetto, but i'll keep it in mind for a plan B if necessary.

Mike-M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a place - cobratransmissions.com They have all the weird little parts on my list, and have an online shopping car which helps me out a lot since sundays are my only days off for a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle