Where to buy insulating glow plug boot

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Most of mine broke off too when I did a plug change out years ago. I feel its a not needed thing. these wires never come off so why worry about them having a insulator on them. Now if they were hot all the time then yes. I want an insulator on them for safety.

jas88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where you can buy the OEM style connectors? I have just replaced all my GP wiring and I used 3M bullet connectors, but I would really like a connector that has the spring wrapped around the end like the OEM ones do. The "regular" bullet connectors can spread if pushed on at an angle and then become loose (I know because I did it to one of mine accidentally when pushing them on). I have looked at pictures of bullet connectors till I am blurry-eyed but have not found the correct one yet.

rwelli1001

Reaction score
At jas88- I would like to know also. I was only looking for the boots and could not find just them. After trying to pull off the old boots that just crumbled in my fingers and looking close at hard baked wire insulation I opted to go original and hit up my local International dealer. only way to get the boots was to buy the glow plug harness (Item # 1807648C94) at a whopping price of $111.21 + tax. Cheaper than a new relay (at a after market shop). I think I will be time and money ahead in the long run. Bought it this afternoon and should be in the store here in Vegas for pickup this evening. along with a replacement injector line for cylinder # 8
Good luck
rwelli1001

94 F250 XLT 7.3L Turbo IDI, 4X4 extended cab, 8' bed 215K miles

6-11-14 update.
The harness I bought turned out to be a modified harness. Did not match the existing harness. My Relay is mounted on passenger side rocker arm cover and the new one looks to be arranged for a relay mounted on the back of the engine.
I rearranged just the lay out a bit and made the cross over go just in front of the intake instead of crossing over the front of the engine. All the boots with Dielectric grease fit real nice into place with out any problems. All I have left to do is clean up and reassemble the remainder of the harness.

JUST A NOTE The new harness did come with new wires for the Injector pump electric connections as well. But they did not reach. And yes I will be saving them and the old harness in case I have issues with the new one.

Last edited:

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online