Where to begin? 7.3 IDI sitting for a year.

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
Had to work a half day today, of course, so I only had the afternoon to wrench. Got the pump reassembled, reinstalled, and all the lines tight. All linkage and electrical(all 3) connections are good and IP to filter hard line installed on the IP end, I am waiting for a fitting on the filter end. I am going to run and grab a hose barb x 1/4 pipe thread fitting and run a temporary fuel line tomorrow. Tomorrow morning I am going to give it a try.

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
ITS A RUNNER!!!!;Sweet:rotflmao:D I was going to take a video of it starting for the first time, I went to purge the lines a second time, cranked it over an it fired right up! NO white or blue smoke, just a wisp of black and no knocks or bubbles in the coolant! Idles really nice just like an IDI should. Thank you all for the help and encouragement. I am going to hook up the fuel tank now and go find a block off plate so I can pull the mechanical pump. Cant tell you how excited I am right now. https://plus.google.com/u/0/104721494542003811064/posts/6QXKQAfGSMA?pid=6108388065724991682&oid=104721494542003811064

Last edited:

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
I took it for an inaugural drive this evening. The lights and all the accessories seem to work even the radio. I can tell it needs to be timed but it runs pretty well. It has some blue smoke on acceleration but I bet that is unburned fuel from retarded timing. Turbo spools up fine. The rear wheels are 15" and the fronts are 16" cause the tire shop I bought it from sold the rims and tires to recoup some of the parts cost,so I could not try out the 4wd. The clutch seems good and the tranny is quiet. Tomorrow evening I am driving over to the carwash and power washing the carpets, the baking soda I poured on the carpet turned yellow:puke: After that I'm heading to the tire shop, right now I am about 875$ into this truck so I feel like it was a decent deal. I am going to have to rent a J33300 and time it soon.
Marmot

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Happy to learn its up and running well. As for renting a meter please send me a pm. I believe I'm the only member that rents a meter out to members. Now cleaning out the smells is all you really have left to do.

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
Happy to learn its up and running well. As for renting a meter please send me a pm. I believe I'm the only member that rents a meter out to members. Now cleaning out the smells is all you really have left to do.

You were the one I was thinkin of. I will pm you shortly. The smell is going to be a challenge but I have kids so I understand how to deal with bad smells.LOL Just picked up a quart of natures miracle and I have a pound of washing soda so I am well armed, helps that I live 2 blocks from a self serve carwash. I have a jar of quarters ready to go. Thanks again for all the help.

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Alright!...It's hard to beat that feeling when the engine come to life once you've put all that time and effort into it. :) Well done! :Thumbs Up :cheers:

Nice truck. Good deal.

I love happy endings. :)

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
Alright!...It's hard to beat that feeling when the engine come to life once you've put all that time and effort into it. :) Well done! :Thumbs Up :cheers:

Nice truck. Good deal.

I love happy endings. :)

And the same to you sir, your 500$ truck was a heck of a deal