Where does this wire go?

Bill-W

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where this wire should go? It comes out of the factory harness which has the fuel heater and water sensor. The wire has been unhooked since I got the truck, the only thing I can reach with it is the ground for the alternator (which does not have a wire on it) or the plugged port on the fuel filter it is the back port on the filter head. Did the filter have this plug from the factory or am I missing a piece?

You must be registered for see images attach

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
sounds like the fuel filter light wire... there is supposed to be a pressure sender on the filter head that will turn on the light on the dash which indicates a plugged fuel filter.

4x7.3NE

Mowoodchopper
Reaction score
I also have a wire not being used on my work pickup. The reason is my white truck has 3 wires on the fuel filter two on top and one on bottom. The work truck has diff filter and does not use one of the wires. The white truck has a aluminum bottom that goes under the filter, the work truck does not have this just a filter with a water drain.

Bill-W

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It already has a wire o the bottom of the filter and this one will not fit. Sounds like I must be missing the pressure switch, the PO must have just plugged it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats what I'm seeing in the picture. The plug closest to the firewall in the filter head is supposed to have the vacuum switch in it. That wire fits on it.