where does battery tie into wires going to ignition solenoid??

Jjona5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have come up with a temporary solution but where does the wiring harness tie into the positive side of the battery for the ignition solenoid on the fender/engine bay? I have checked the fuseable link that comes off of the alternator and it is good. I ran a new fused wire from the positive side of the battery to the solenoid and everything works fine now but I feel like its something that just isnt hooked up. The previous owner stripped the lead off of the terminals for some reason for the batteries and lots of things weren't hooked up when I picked the truck up. They had about 6 of these at the shop and just took parts off of of the one i bought whenever they needed them.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What year truck? For years Ford has used yellow as the color for battery power, there should be 2 of them near the solenoid with fusible links to the batt post on solenoid. hatchet mechanics dont know how to fix the links so bypass whatever to make it run.

Jjona5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it is a 92. It only looked like there was one fusible link tied into the solenoid and it ties into the alternator. I tested this and it ohmed good. Where does it actually tie into the main positive on the battery? Is is supposed to be near the starter?

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
Every truck I've had had a 6 ga or so wire directly from the 'hot' post of the solenoid to the positive batt clamp for the pass side battery. All the non-starter power is fed through that wire, as I understand it.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is what my 92 looks like.

You must be registered for see images attach