where do i get a return line kit?

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
i need a kit with the o rings and caps and lines. where do i get one or does anyone have one they want to bring to the rally?

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
the new engine will go in this winter. my wife wrecked her car so we are down to 2 vehicles so she is driving my SD while i drive my IDI until we get her a cheap set of wheels at which time i will park the IDI for the winter and do the engine swap along with probably a tranny swap.

right now i have a fuel leak that seems like a return line cap but i do not have an air leak problem, just a fuel leak/stink problem. engine runs fine and works hard for me full time. i just need to do a little fine tuning here and there to make the truck act the way it should.

p.s. thanks for the links

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its almost surely a return leak, they often don't have air leaks. I suggest ebay MWFI or any of the injection shops that also sell online. They're worth about $25-40.

cleithau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure to get the kit from somewhere people on here have used before or somewhere you have been happy with. I bought a kit from somewhere online and it sucked, installed it and I had more leaking caps than before. Less fuel leaking, in terms of quantity but more caps leaking. I got new O-rings from Ford and replace all the O-rings and now they are all dry as a bone. Wish I could remember where I got the kit so I could tell people where to avoid.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the o-rings thing, IIRC these trucks use the standard-size #111 o-rings, but since I gotta order a set for my buddy Jake's '86 and he wants to run veggie oil I'll have to order the viton ones separately. I was also thinking, should I get the #111, or something that is a bit thicker (.139 vs the stock .103 inch), to ensure no future leaks when the WVO/WMO starts flowing? I'm keeping the old caps and just installing new o-rings and hoses.

Wanderer-rrorc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the o-rings thing, IIRC these trucks use the standard-size #111 o-rings, but since I gotta order a set for my buddy Jake's '86 and he wants to run veggie oil I'll have to order the viton ones separately. I was also thinking, should I get the #111, or something that is a bit thicker (.139 vs the stock .103 inch), to ensure no future leaks when the WVO/WMO starts flowing? I'm keeping the old caps and just installing new o-rings and hoses.

so where do I find the vitron rings?? Im not havin much luck...:dunno

hahn_rossman

Hahn Rossman
Reaction score
Just use the stock thickness ones. It's hard enough to get them seated as is. I've been running them for years with 180 degree WVO and they are perfect. For that matter I used the orings that came in the kit from my local diesel shop for 2 years before that with no problem, but replaced them later hunting an air leak which turned out to be those "olives" on the IP feed line!

MARQ2277

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One other thought. I read that when you put the caps (return line caps) on the injectors, to place an "O" ring between the cap and injector, and it will help keep the cap from moving around. I did that trick to mine, just be careful and use lube (I used synthetic grease on mine), and don't break 'em when you press the caps on. Presss straight down.

Just a thought.

Marq

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online