where did you buy power steering lines and which ones?

HankHill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my lines keep leaking and Im fed up with it, I checked advance auto's website and they list about 500 for my truck so I have no idea which one to pick out, I know that my power steering system has the cooler that hangs off that piece down by the oil pan.

and for those who are wondering, I did decide to keep my truck, I got out of my deal where I was going to get my newer chevy Im wondering if I will regret it though, oh well

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
I am not familiar with your model's setup but if it has o-rings like the older hoses have, I would replace those first. Every time I've had a ps leak it was at the stupid o-rings in the end fittings. Never actually blew out a hose.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In all my years of driving and mechanic-ing, I have never actually bought a ready-made steering hose; I just have the hose guy at the auto-parts make me what I need, either using my old fittings, or new ones from his vast supply.

Another option, and usually cheapest, is to adapt your end fittings to either 1/4-NPT or 3/8-NPT and just buy the appropriate length pre-made hydraulic hose at TSC, Harbor Freight, or the like.

If your truck has that useless loop of tubing "cooler", you are wise to simply eliminate/bypass it. ;Sweet

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your truck has that useless loop of tubing "cooler", you are wise to simply eliminate/bypass it. ;Sweet

I respectfully disagree - there is no disadvantage to keeping the loop if it is in good shape (not rusted through), it is well protected and does provide for some extra cooling capacity.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, I use the parts-store-special hoses in mine as well, even with the slightly hopped-up C2 pump they hold up just fine.

HankHill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks a bunch fellas after this I need to do my rear brake overhaul going to suck in the snow